LegacyGT.com

My cursed car meets its end

blew up 2 lexus and now demolished a leggy.... you think maybe you are just hard on sh*t? not meant to be mean at all im hard on stuff too just took me a few cars to realize that then i started learning to fix my own crap..... sorry you had such bad luck but sometimes it just happens.

The Lexii were my fault for buying in the first place! The 91 ES250 was a beat turd when I got it and I was dumb to buy it in the first place.

The 90 LS400 was so damn expensive to fix, I should have done my homework first. Those cars were poor decisions on my end.

The Legacy was an informed buy with service records and seemed good at first. But after a laundry list of things going bad, one after another (and frequently fixed by a pro), I couldn't trust the damn thing, but I was over my head and needed it to run.

If I was a smarter man, I'd have just let the damn thing go when the head gasket blew. That's where I really took it in the tailpipe.

In all honesty, it's not necessarily the generation of this Legacy that I'm hating... it's really any car that's over 12 years old. In Cleveland, the salt wrecks the undercarriage of anything and a car of that age has seen a lot of winters, wear and tear, and should be put out to pasture.

I guess the 91 Camry was a lucky pick. It was rusty and ugly, but ran like a top and stopped on a dime. I wish I never got rid of that car, but it's likely in a scrap yard these days.

I've never been a fan of the Celica honestly. It's not exactly my cup of tea. The IS300, yes, I do like that car very much.

i had a 84 celica GTS that was the bomb. my mom bought it new, i drove it during hs until i got my datsun 210 "fastback stationwagon". i also inherited it when my bro was done with it after college. he destroyed it, lol. blew the motor and the exwife talked me into donating it so i didnt have another project in the driveway.

glad your wife is OK, sorry to hear you have had bad luck with your car. both of mine are very solid vehicles so far. brakes are better than my other cars so far. wish you were closer to AZ, id love to get that front bumper.

Archived