LegacyGT.com

Sway bar availability for 4th Gen Legacy

elwood

Am I missing something? It seems like most of the options for sways for my 05 wagon have disappeared. Perrin's site only lists a front bar, and COBB doesn't show any. Am I just too late to the party?

I know whiteline still offers a couple of front and rear options, but I've had a few of their bars and was always disappointed with the paint falling off and them looking like crap in a couple of years. Was hoping to try something different.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA,

Jim

Swift has front and rear bars, with sedan and wagon specific rear bars. They are among the more expensive. I bought a Whiteline adjustable myself. I had one of the old blue Whitelines on my '97 Legacy Outback and the finish looked fine when I sold it in January, after about 10 years of use in AZ.

Doug

Fronts are sold out. 1 rear in stock (AVO). Whiteline is by far the most popular. As the cars continue to age, more and more aftermarket parts will disappear.

If there is enough interest (meaning 40+ buyers) I am willing to have another run of Hotchkis bars made. I must buy a minimum of 50 sets for Hotchikis to produce them for us.

I'm in the market for a larger sway bar / end links. I'm trying to decide if I want to stay in the stock class for auto X though, and they only let you add a single sway bar. Would you guys go with a front or rear if just getting one? Any suggestions on size?

Any quick comments on the differences between AVO, Whiteline, and Hotchkis?

The current rules allow front or rear in stock class.

IMO, if your local auto-x courses usually have a lot of slaloms, I think a bigger front sway would be more beneficial. The nose stays so much flatter and the car changes directions much better. Go for the rear sway bar if the courses have more long sweepers.

Archived