LegacyGT.com

04 STi Brembo Brake kit on stock 99 LGT snowflakes

I just glanced at some 04 STI pics and the stock 17" wheels barely clear the rear calipers maybe about a 1/4 of an inch from the pics I looked at. So 16" wheels won't clear.

Will the 04 STi Brembo rear calipers and rotors clear the stock snowflakes in the rear?

Before anyone says it, the 04 STi was 5x100 instead of 114 so no worries there.

Thanks!

^^Im interested in the mods you did to the car already to get the brakes to even be considered an option. Pics?

+1

+2

If you are going to spend that much money on brakes buy some 17" or 18" wheels first. Or else this look like "the carriage before the horse" syndrome.

plus eleventybillion

Get a set of Power Stop disc/pads for about $300 for now. They will be a great upgrade in the meantime between now and when you have bigger wheels for the real brake upgrade.

Honestly though, Brembo's aren't really necessary unless your tracking the car. upgrading the wheels/tires with the Power Stop kit will be a HUGE improvement.

take it from me by trial and error your first world problems will get in the way, time for bigger rims son!!

If you still want 4pots go for usdm 06/07wrx 4pots or jdm sti 4pots, wrx's are newer and unmistakenly red while the jdm sti ones are black with raised white lettering saying subaru. these will fit under verry few 16 inch rims and all 17inch rims. You can get the 5spoke "goldie" impreza wheels which will these will clear. You can also make these fit under stock snowflakes with a 5-10mm spacer.

PS any spacer over 10mm its recommended you have extended lugs and extended lugnuts to go with them.

Archived