LegacyGT.com

5lbs boost reading on AP :(

So my car is driving fine, wastegate spring is at 14lbs so I was told it wouldn't even open if the car was boosting less. My AP only reads in the 4s for boost. Tuned to 17.8lbs. This just started last week after a car wash. Shop said it could be the MAP sensor?

Anyone have any ideas why the accessport is only saying 4-5lbs of boost?

No I haven't. I don't have a y manual gauges. Headed into the shop next week so they can fine tune the tune and they said they would take a look at it. I'm hoping its something simple and stupid and cheap lol.

You mean like an actual gauge instead of the AP?

I don't even know what a boost leak test is ;). I'm gonna have the shop take a look at it when I go back in next week for fine tuning of the tune.

Thinking it started right after I got the car washed... Maybe the car wash guys reconnected the green test plugs under the passenger footwell? If so would that cause this? Gonna go check as soon as I get home.

I would recommend learning how to test for boost leaks. these rigs pop vacuum hoses like Charlie Sheen pops painkillers.

you can make a boost leak tester for under $10.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=770654&postcount=12

Pretty awesome but I don't have an air hose or way to pressurize the system :( gonna have to have the shop do it next week I guess :( plus I don't think they have 3" plugs at lowes, only 2" and 4"? Lol

Edit: the part where the intake connects I don't think is 3". It's a Perrin 3" turbo inlet though

Shop hooked up a mechanical boost gauge and we went for a ride. Hits boost fine like we thought. The ECU/AP is only reading 3-4.5lbs though. Lead mechanic said he thinks it's the MAP sensor? Does this sound logical to anyone? Car drives fine and boost shows fine 15+psi on the mechanical gauge, but the AP won't go over 4.x.

Wondering how this could just happen all of the sudden after a car wash?

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Archived