LegacyGT.com

Learning View - What does this tell me?

EvvLGTWagon

Just figured out how to use the OBD2 cable with Learning View. Though I did not seem to find much in my search on what it means. Any help is appreciated. Currently set up with: CNT catless DP, Invidia UP, FMS CBE, Apex'i Panel Filter, Cobb AP v1 93oct Stage 2 OTS v1.17, GFB ByPass Valve (set to ~20% vent currently)and After MAF silicone hose. 119k miles 5EAT Is there anything to be worried about?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot BPV

1791109057_LearningView_SS_5-20-2013100045PM.jpg.ab24d847e1c9f322bdba238163f6a2f3.jpg

Enable the DTC reader just to make sure, but everything looks fine. Your idle is a tiny bit lean resulting in your ECU adding 7.9% fuel in. Many people prefer their numbers be within the +/- 5% range, with a tendency to be ever so slightly negative, but you're fine.

Clean your MAF sensor carefully with MAF cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I enabled the DTC reader, though on my second reading looks as if I have a leak somewhere. Correct me if I am wrong. What could be the area of the leak? I have zip-ties ready to go to tighten everything up. Will be installing a AVO TMIC to TB hose soon and Bulletproof TMCI mod.

Edit: Error on posting the same image. Updated image on post #5.

Pull another LV and post it. Like I said, nothing seemed out of the ordinary really. How many miles were on that LV? Don't reset the ECU. The fuel trims take time to learn and settle in.

Your car is adding fuel because it's getting more air than it expects, mostly at idle.

The first time this happened to me it was after installing a panel filter. It was slightly askew and not seating 100% correctly.

It could be another leak, but that is the first thing I would check if you recently installed the Apexi panel filter.

I would look for an air leak somewhere with that amount of "correction" at idle. You ever messed with your inlet hose? I would check to make sure that's not ripped, plus there's at least 3 vac fittings on it as well. Deffinately a good starting point imo

• Moderators

Set you BOV to full recirculation and leave it there. Reset ECU and try again. Trim A is still a bit high indicated a possible leak at idle--or maybe not. If it settles around 9 and you can confirm no leaks your tuner should be able to help to adjust that a bit. If you have the stock air filter around, put that in also when you set the BOV to 100% recirculate.

I'll bet if you fix the BOV and reinstall the stock air filter it will look even better.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Here is the LV after resetting ECU, setting BPV to 100% recirc and installing the OEM airfilter. Seems like there is still something leaking at idle. Though other numbers were smoothed out.

http://i.imgur.com/mNH60jW.jpg

• Moderators

The results there are probably from changing the BOV to recirculate. You can probably put the filter back in but I would keep the BOV where it is.

That first cell being at 9.0 isn't the end of the world, especially if it's steady there.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived