LegacyGT.com

Bandwidth charges

Tide

So I've upped the bandwidth to the site and in the next month it will be upped another 4x faster but.... it will now cost me money out of pocket to run the site. To start its only $100 / month, which isn't bad, but I can see it getting bad by the end of the year. I imagine we'll eventually pick up good sponsers and other things, which will help. What I'd like to do is offer a 'donation' program. For a simple $25 dontation you'll get: 1) Dedicated photo album, post your photos of your ride and there will be a link in your profile and on your posts. Probably 20 MB. 2) 'Members only' Forum. A special place to talk with other really dedicated Suby lovers. 3) 'I Donated' designation under your name. Show off your love to new members. 4) 2 (or more if you like) 'LegacyGT.com' stickers. 5) Significant discounts on T-Shirts, calendars, and anything else we may make. Let me know what you guys think of this. I'd want something in action by the end of the month. Cheers!!! :D :D :D

My roommate. :) His company has a rack at [url]http://www.above.net[/url] and my machine is there. The nice thing is I get full access to my own hardware in a professional hosting company. Downside is its not cheap.

Now Franz really has a plan there! Smart thinking. Now lets all go test new Legacys and Outbacks and we can pay for bandwidth for the next year and some really kicking new features!

FYI, I've done all the work for the "membership" with the exception of finishing the stickers. I will get them ordered by the end of the month and send them out when the come in. I'd really like to get the 'member photos' section rolling now that we have members with cars! Donation link is on the front of the site. Thanks!

Come on, you slackers! :) Almost two weeks and only a handful of folks have donated? I thought the Legacy crowd was going to be more upscale and affluent? :D Just kidding... I completely forgot to donate until today... just a reminder for others! :)

Stickers have been designed and sent to the printers. I'll hope to have them in 1-2 weeks. Members can see the sticker design in their forums, the rest will have to wait. :D :D Thanks to those who've donated already. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived