LegacyGT.com

5EAT early automatic upshifts in manual mode

gimpydingo

If it makes you feel any better I have a customer with a '12 that does the same thing. Manual mode, WOT, shifts from 3rd into 4th without input from the paddles. Most annoying.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Well unless the switch or connector for the shifter for the manual / automode is faulty.

Get your self a vagcom cable and start doing some data logging could even be the clock spring in the sheeting wheel that is giving it a false shift signal.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Saw your other posts elsewhere, remember you will be very grateful to yourself later if you resolve this issue first before doing ANY modifications. Some people do it in the reverse order, and it's usually an unhappy ending.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 3 months later...

gimpydingo, I am having the exact same problem as you. Automatic mode works fine, but manual mode shifts from 2nd to 3rd at about 4k. Mine is not intermittent though, it does it every time I WOT in manual mode.

Wondering if you had any follow up on this problem. I doubt my dealer will have anything meaningful to contribute, but will give it a shot on my next service.

NADA! My does it pretty much always under WOT, really easy to get it to do it in S#. Shoot it even does it from 3rd to 4th, though not as frequent. Dealer was worthless. I need to do a vac leak test, if that clears I plan on getting a stage 1 tune, to help with the bit of overboost I am seeing, about .5 - 2 psi around 4k rpms, and only stays that high for a moment.

Have you run any logs on your LGT? Just curious if you have an overboosting issues or anything else.

Ohhh missed seeing you have a 3.6R. No overboost issue in that? :)

My 3.6R will auto shift once it hits the red line. It's normal, doesn't have the same issue as my 07 LGT.

Also no real hunting issues with gears in my 3.6. I have noticed it's hesitating a bit when going from a stop, need to ease into the throttle a bit otherwise there is a slight lag. Same thing with the Ferrari I drove this past weekend, guy told me not to mash the gas or it will lag, yep does. lol

I wrote to Subaru, they called the dealership and want me to bring the car in.

First I have to get a new bumper and fog light housing.

I hit a raccoon at 70mph Wednesday morning and ripped the bumper. The raccoon was rather large.

Guessing it will be about 2 weeks before I can get to the dealer.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
same issue i have, My 07 shifts super early if I full throttle sometimes as well even in manual mode. when I roll on the throttle its fine, but wot it will start going threw the revs fine then a sudden down shit, then an upshift on its own. scares the pissout of me.

No resolution. Seems when I got my vac leaks fixed it seemed to lessen the issue, which of course I have another leak I need to find. Could be in my head. Does it in auto and manual modes. Usually 2 - 3, which pops me into 4th at a lower than ideal RPM range.

Jesus 2013 post!?!?

Archived