LegacyGT.com

Ipod-like connectivity: would this work?

The Mayor

I know absolutely nothing about electronics :confused: but have a burning desire to use my ipod (or mp3's) in the car...got the metra adapter and all and I am about to have it installed when I decided to search again for a real hard line solution...always liekd the Dension IceLink Plus. Went to the website and saw the DH100ix and DMP3 (basically huge hard discs that save and play mp3's). Could this be a solution and how could I get it to work. Sorry for the dumb question...appreciate your answers and thoughts...have no idea how to put it all together for a hardwired solution.

Nope. The stock headunit has no audio inputs other than the FM antenna -- no commercially available 3rd party iPod solution will work on our headunit.

Lots more information answering your question in detail are just a few clicks away with the Search tool as well.

Ken

I've worked with those two headunits, they're both very inventive & well thought out. The only way you could use one would be to bypass the existing headunit & go straight to the speakers. The DMP3 would fit well into the cubby & keep the door, you'd need an outboard amp tho.

Archived