LegacyGT.com

Quarter panel dent: need opinions

Cactuar

Hi all. I bought my 06 wagon used last year and it had a dent in the right quarter panel. I left it alone since then but I'm wondering now if this type of damage can be repaired? It looks like something very pointy and sharp poked the panel and did this damage. There is minor surface rust where the impact occurred.

Can this be repaired? If so, how much should I budget for such a repair?

Thanks for your insight :)

dent1.thumb.jpg.52a48710e5a76bfd7eb142b4fc838121.jpg

dent2.thumb.jpg.94cf989e496a6bccd3d7220f7ac5fb73.jpg

dent3.jpg.c9409ea11727ee95d459fcfa93f31c6b.jpg

Yes these sorts of dents can be repaired but you won't be able to just "pop" it out obviously, need to repair quite a large area around it to keep the repair uniform, hard part is matching the paint usually whole back quarter will need re spraying to make the repair appear seamless

Thanks. I thought it could be done with paintless dent repair, only applying some touch-up paint on the surface rust. Shows what I know about body work! :rolleyes: This dent would possibly be a good candidate for the who-cares-leave-it-alone category, I'll decide when I get a quote or two.

I still wonder about the fuel cap alignment.

This dent would possibly be a good candidate for the who-cares-leave-it-alone category
Agreed. Had the same issue on my BMW, had a similar dent but longer when I bought. Was one of those "will get around to it" things, 7 years later I sold it ding still there. Waste of money for something so trivial. Just get one of those touch up pen's to hide the rust spot lol

Have you looked to see if the fuel cap hinges are adjustable?

Archived