LegacyGT.com

Wheels and tires?

So I'm going to be putting '07 wrx springs and struts on my '96 outback. I don't think my oversized all terrains are going to fit so I'm curious as to what some sizes I should be looking at in wheels and tires. I'm thinking 16's or 17's but have no idea on offsets or tire size on top of that. Looking to keep it reasonable on price and don't plan on using this setup during the winter, I'll switch back to the lifted setup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It's not only the spring height but also the design of the strut. Running the Wrx suspension I think you maybe limited to the stock Wrx size of 205/55/16 or the +1 size of 215/45/17. You might be able to fit a 225/45/17 but the offset of the wheel would determine this. You definitely won't be running the outback wheels and tires.

Those wheels are ok looking but I stay away from cheaper or no name wheels due to the use of lesser quality inferior alloy in their production and they will bend easier then a higher quality wheel. I don't have anything good to say about Continental tires. The 2 sets I've had on my cars were noisy and wore out really fast. Even if you read the reviews on tire rack about those tires most of the people who sent in a review only had 2,000 miles or less. I've tried using a lot of different tire manufacturers and for a great summer only or all season I'll stick with Hankook. I have their V12's on my Supra and they hold well under higher horse power, they're quiet and are wearing great.

^ if your going to spend money on wheels and tires don't cheap out on them, the awd system depends on them so much. Hankook does make good tires, I have always had good luck with dunlop direzza this summer I am trying the kumho 4x z-rated tires, they have great sidewalls and are very quiet though they are more of a touring tire but I like them so far and I have about 2300 miles on them...

Archived