LegacyGT.com

dealer dont know maybe we can figure it out

so not long ago i put up that i had got cel with codes p0028 p0026 and p0506, brought the car to the dealer and they replaced the intake vale control solenoid on driver side only cuz they had already replace the driver side,

Picked up the car and drove it home, on the way home the wife said that the peddle was kinda funny, i left it alone thinking maybe cuz they cleared the code that it needed to adjust.

The next day i took it for a drive cuz she is telling me that she has to step on the peddle almost half way in order to get the car to even move,

as im driving and come to a stop sign the car starts wanting to stall? So I give it gas and take off peddel almost to the floor cuz it dosent want to move unless i do that,

We bring it back to the dealer explane to the mechanic whats going on, he get kinda pissie and tells us to leave it for the weekend so he can un some test, :cool:

Call him monday and he tells me me he's not sure whats going on so he called Subaru and they told him to change the oil and flush the trans with a new filter,

so he said he did and was going to drive it home and back to make sure it was ok to call in the AM.

Now just got off the phone with him and he tells me the light didn't come back on but that it stalled on him a cupel times, he's not sure whats going on and that he's going to do a tune up and re-replase the solenoid on the drivers side see if that fixes the problem

I thinks he don't know what to do to fix it and is just scared to say it, has anyone here ran into the before?

In short no response to gas peddle, staling when coming to a stop, runs fine when its driving but not when at idle rpms are VERY low, and now its doing all that with no cel

2006 2.5i limited

auto

I am assuming you have a 4EAT unless some Frankenstine business happened. I was reading up a bit in the manual listed here. http://www.northursalia.com/techdocs/pdf/transmission/4eat.pdf The TCU has a lot of inputs that seem to revolve around your problems. As good a place to start as any I suppose.

TCU Inputs

• Throttle sensor/idle switch

• Vehicle speed sensor #1

• Vehicle speed sensor #2

• Tachometer signal

• Inhibitor switch

• Cruise control signal

• ATF temperature sensor

• Ignition/battery voltage

• 1-HOLD switch (if so equipped)

• Forced FWD

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

It's common for non turbo legacys to stall/almost stall/ and idle weird after the ecu has been reset, this should go away after a few days of driving. The gas pedal responsiveness sounds like something else though, a transmission fluid issue maybe as previously mentioned.

ok im going to the dealer in like an hour see whats going on, im going to find out also if the problem dont go away what they will do for us as in give us a different car or money back, ive delt with these guys many times before and never had this kind of problem,

im also wandering if the security system has anything to do with it, i use to has a 97 talon tsi and if the battery died it would acted up all crazy like for a few days and then just go back to normal,

I would dump a can of Subaru motor flush through and change the oil.

What did they do to fix the issues ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When the ecu is reset on cars over 40xxx they tend to idle really low and sometimes stall even for a couple days so what we do is clean the throttle body BC over time the computer compensates for all the gunk built up there and when you reset it it runs like crap but after a nice cleaning and possibly some fuel cleaner they run great no issues but may not be the case for you but something to try. I also had a cam position sensor going out that caused my car to die all the time and loose any response to accelerator peddle without throwing any codes until finally one day it did and I replaced it and never a issue after that.

Archived