LegacyGT.com

This is what 150,000 miles and 7 years does to your water by-pass pipe.

Nice. Just found the other thread on here about this pipe, which gave me the PN. I'll be dropping by the dealer to grab one and the two elbows.

Can someone provide the part number for this I'm doing a timing belt soon & want to replace this pipe but cant find the P/N.

Thanks

Coco

there's a search function that could use to find this...

SO, back to inspecting and comparing our pipes... Mine was relatively clean, only slightly rusty. Wiped it off and shoved it back in.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/Scruit/A015BFD9-419D-4292-B403-9299F845110C.jpg

I changed mine out in Oct - it was not as bad as some, but glad I did for piece of mind...

It had quite a bit of surface rust - but was flaking off in layers - although only the top layer was really bad.

Since CT uses the spray on de-icer in the winter - I bet it would have only lasted another few years...

Why are these not plastic?:iam:

• I Donated Too
Why are these not plastic?:iam:

maybe because of the location being near the exhaust which while some plastics resist heat well they get very brittle. I would have thought a rubber hose similar to the one on the turbo with a foreskin of tin foil would have worked okay but again, time and lots of heat will degrade it faster than rusting on a metal pipe. That and the overall cost to produce a part and thus we have the answer why it's metal. I have replaced one on one of my GT's and the other was not that bad so I sanded it and painted it. Can't do that with plastic or rubber, can only replace.

Archived