LegacyGT.com

Buying a turbo for my 2005 Legacy GT

I want to buy a turbo for my 2005 Legacy GT i just bought but I dont know which to get. Im trying to give it a little more power :rolleyes: and I just dont know how. I was thinking to get a blouch 380 xt but on the perrin website it says they're offroad legal and to check my laws, I live in NY. The car is all stock and I dont know what I should do first. Should I get a bigger turbo or something else to give it a little more power? Also I was thinking of getting an exhaust too. Not something too loud but something that would still be a head turner, that has a little rumble, and can be loud when you want it to be.. I am a newbie so could you guys help I would appreciate it. Thanks.:lol:

welcome, and I drive a 2005 legacy gt limited and What kind of power difference are you looking for? quicker spooling? more boost? exhaust? intake? I have a VF52 turbo (09+ wrx) in mine with a billet compressor wheel. that should spool up much quicker. also some supporting mods.. bigger TMIC or FMIC.. :)

You need to do lots of reading.

A Blouch 380xt is pointless on a stock car.

It's "Offroad Only" because that's a good company's way to stay out of any lawsuits. Most (all?) engine mods should technically fail inspection.

You'll want to contact Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com he help's out here a lot for free. His guys can take good care of your and your car.

I bought my VF52 from him. He's local to you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

As stated above what are your goals? Where would you like to see more power? What is your budget? What other supporting mods do you plan to do? There are a lot of factors to selecting a turbo and upgrades for your vehicle, which is why it is suggested that you read through the New Member section and FAQ. It's likely you will have a much closer idea after doing so.

Lmk what u choose im in a similar situation

As stated above what are your goals? Where would you like to see more power? What is your budget? What other supporting mods do you plan to do? There are a lot of factors to selecting a turbo and upgrades for your vehicle, which is why it is suggested that you read through the New Member section and FAQ. It's likely you will have a much closer idea after doing so.

Qiuck answer is 05-06 needs a catless up pipe, Down pipe and a vf52 or BNR16g and a tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived