LegacyGT.com

Misfire code p0302

Checked it myself with the cable, and it says that it's cylinder two. The engine was already completely rebuilt stock. When you start it, it will idle fine at first, but if you even touch the gas pedal, it tanks and drops down to the point of almost dying. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This lovable piece of crap has already cost me 8k in various engine repairs.

I recently had to have the engine rebuilt, and the morons that did the engine work had to have my shop test the injectors. They came back perfect. This was about 6 months ago with 16,000 miles since then. I use ethanol free 91 octane and i run injector cleaner every once in awhile, so I doubt it's those. I can't see how it would be a valve problem either since those are new and I've only ever had it up to 6500 RPM maybe once or twice and it was very brief.

Having it rebuilt doesn't mean they gave you new coils. The fronts are easier to get to than the rears, so swap both fronts and see if the code moves.

#3 went on mine, probably because of the close proximity to the turbo.

I recently had to have the engine rebuilt, and the morons that did the engine work had to have my shop test the injectors. They came back perfect. This was about 6 months ago with 16,000 miles since then. I use ethanol free 91 octane and i run injector cleaner every once in awhile, so I doubt it's those. I can't see how it would be a valve problem either since those are new and I've only ever had it up to 6500 RPM maybe once or twice and it was very brief.

These cars are known to burn valves.

Get the car off the factory MAP. My wagon has been on Cobb AP or custom tune since it had 8000 miles on it, Dec 04.

When I took the heads (154,000 miles) to my buddies shop he was amazed to see that my heads didn't need any valves. He say's he's alway's getting these heads in from the dealers and they all have burnt valves.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived