LegacyGT.com

3 codes one day and gone the next ????

:confused::confused::confused:

ok so "the girl" just picked up a 2006 legy 2.5i limited with 125K on it from a local dealer that i have dealt with before. She's had it for less then a week and the other day we went on the thruway and as soon as she step on it to catch up to traffic the CEL come on, when we got to were we were going it had 3 codes and 2 pending, the codes were P0028 P0026 and P0506,

P0026,P0028: intake valve control solenoid circuit range/performance

it says the same for both

P0506:idle air control system RPM lower then expected

it was driving fine for a bit (20 min or so) but went we got off the thruway an took off onto the free way it started sputtering like it had hit redline, around 4k RPM

told her to let go of gas and then press it again (shift) and it went away,

it did it again but only when she got on it,

so since we got it from a dealer we were planing on going back today and we did BUT...

on the drive home last night from work (threw town 30-35mpg) the light just went off, cruse light stop blinking too?!?!?

got to the dealer and they told me they cant do anything till the light comes back on,

has this happened to anyone here, I'm lost :spin:

You may want to dump a can of Gunk motor flush in and run the engine for 5-8 minutes and change the oil. Follow the directions on the can.

That may help the first two codes.

The idle air, is there something dirty in the air inlet system ? It could be caused by the other codes causing a idle issue ???

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

not that i now off, but the oil in it is fresh they just didi an oil change, plugs, wires, timing belt, water pump, im thinking of just putting in an intake cone and not messing with the big air box it has on the top of it,

i read somewhere that the 506 code sometimes comes on when other codes are thrown, im going to look into the gunk stuff though,

i was just driving it a lil hard to see if i could get it to come back on but no luck, i guess that a good thing.

Archived