LegacyGT.com

Window Tint Suggestions

Picky1

NOOB question, this is my first car that I plan on tinting, what kind of film should I be looking for? My main interest is trying to keep the car a little cooler as the AC on my 5th Gen is really weak!

Also, looking for someone good around the Waterbury/Meriden, CT area....any suggestions? I did post this question in the regional section as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was told ceramic tint reduces more heat and doesn't affect radio, GPS, cell phones, etc. Does that sound about right?

If that is the case, then ceramic tint is what I'm getting!

• 2 weeks later...

I went 5% all around and a window strip because rice lol. On hindsight I should have done 10 or 15% on the front windows, also it's hella hard to see anything when backing up at night. LOVE the way it looks though!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/11/senuvu3u.jpg

I just noticed last night when driving at night with no street lights or any ambient light, you can barely see out let alone in. Hindsight is always 20/20 but 5% is a little too dark. I think 15% everywhere would probably be perfect. 5% is pretty close to just krylon rattle canning the inside of the window lol. It also makes the auto dim rear view pretty pointless as well!

I have 20% on the rear windows of my wagon, and that's dark enough IMO. As everyone has already said, you look like some sort of clueless idiot at night trying to back down an unknown driveway or something because you really can't see much. I can't imagine 15% or 5%, lol, that would be awful.

I currently have 5/20 on my car. I do like that people can't see through at night, but I can't see crap at night too. Good thing I have some bright LED reverse lights.

Archived