LegacyGT.com

Is this an easy kill???

And just in case somebody has missed the 8+ pages of the previously mentioned thread, there's a strong chance that the car he test-drove was nowhere near a fair example of the LGT's power. You know the dealership is putting 87 octane in their 6k+ mile old demo car and then letting people hammer it. The timing is probably retarded so far the ECU is riding the short bus.

All the LGT needs for the win is a strong powerbrake. A weak launch = loss, strong launch = win.

Skillz,

I raced one about a month ago. He got a better launch than me, I was not really expecting him to nail it like he did. So it took me a bit to catch him, his door probably was at my front quarter panel from the drop then I started to reel him in. I was making slow progress reeling him in and passing him. I could no longer see his front quarter panel in my peripheral vision and that's about when he shut it down to merge behind me. This all happened from a stoplight up to about 55 then he shut down and fell in line. I'm pretty sure it was a GTP although it was debadged so I can't be sure. FWIW he had a gauge pod on the pillar.

Funny coincidence was that I lined up behind him again this morning at the same stoplight. The light turns green and he nails hits it, I'm sure expecting me to be hounding his a$$. Well I was half asleep (Monday) and didn't even notice it was the same guy till I saw the black smoke pour out his exhaust when the light went green. That's when I woke up a bit and realized "oh, I guess he wanted to race":D .

And oh yeah, my car = your car

<<<<<<<<<<

Edit: If I had a good launch it wouldn't have been as close.

Brian

I have a friend with a GTP. With intake, I have run faster times that him. Make sure you brake torque to at least 3000, go to 3400 if you can. Yes, it's bad for the car, but you'll win, by a larger margin as speed increases.

GTP gearing holds 2nd until near 90mph, once they get into 3rd, they're done. Just make sure the guy doesn't have a smaller pulley.

Skillz,

I raced one about a month ago. He got a better launch than me, I was not really expecting him to nail it like he did. So it took me a bit to catch him, his door probably was at my front quarter panel from the drop then I started to reel him in. I was making slow progress reeling him in and passing him. I could no longer see his front quarter panel in my peripheral vision and that's about when he shut it down to merge behind me. This all happened from a stoplight up to about 55 then he shut down and fell in line. I'm pretty sure it was a GTP although it was debadged so I can't be sure. FWIW he had a gauge pod on the pillar.

Funny coincidence was that I lined up behind him again this morning at the same stoplight. The light turns green and he nails hits it, I'm sure expecting me to be hounding his a$$. Well I was half asleep (Monday) and didn't even notice it was the same guy till I saw the black smoke pour out his exhaust when the light went green. That's when I woke up a bit and realized "oh, I guess he wanted to race":D .

And oh yeah, my car = your car

<<<<<<<<<<

Edit: If I had a good launch it wouldn't have been as close.

Brian

Glad to hear it from a fellow 5EAT. Thanks... my confidence is growing. I need to practice my launch and I should be set. Oh yea, and wait for my break-in period to be over :lol:

Hey Skillz, were is this co-worker? May be I can come over and we can do a twin wagon kill!! LOL :lol:

And, what road are yall planning the race?

Hey Wes! There is a back road off of Two Notch Rd. in the NE part of town where I live. I really want to get him to the track in Elgin. My friend from Charlotte, who drives a 2004 Acura TL type S, and I are going to the track when my break in period is over so I can get some stock times before I go stage 1. If you are interested I will let you know when we go.

Archived