LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth suggestions?

You could try these guys http://www.anycarlink.com even though Subaru isn't listed in the cars list, they do work. I believe the AL-1080B: For MP3/USB/SD/Bluetooth will do what you want.

1. Perfect CD quality sound, NO FM transmitter, NO tone loss, NO noise and NO interference

2. Control music files via radio panel or steering wheel

3. Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD

4. Bluetooth A2DP Support

5. Built in Microphone

6. Automatic Pause when receiving a call and resume when call ended

7. Support MP3, USB, SD card

Does the steering wheel control need CAN?

You could try these guys http://www.anycarlink.com even though Subaru isn't listed in the cars list, they do work. I believe the AL-1080B: For MP3/USB/SD/Bluetooth will do what you want.

1. Perfect CD quality sound, NO FM transmitter, NO tone loss, NO noise and NO interference

2. Control music files via radio panel or steering wheel

3. Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD

4. Bluetooth A2DP Support

5. Built in Microphone

6. Automatic Pause when receiving a call and resume when call ended

7. Support MP3, USB, SD card

I was looking at them but haven't bought one but was told you can scroll up/down tracks from steering wheel controls. I basically got told on the iPod/Bluetooth one...

The Anycar AL-1080C-CLA allows Bluetooth & iPod integration through the vehicles factory stereo external changer port.

The current song will pause when you switch back to radio and you can track up and down via the factory stereo.

Features

• Perfect CD quality sound, No FM transmitter, No tone loss, No noise and No interference

• Bluetooth, iPod & AUX Input Modes

• Bluetooth A2DP Support (Music Streaming)

• External Microphone Supplied

• Automatic pause when receiving a call and resume when call ended

• Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD

• Control tracks & folders from steering wheel

• Control iPod/iPhone through radio panel or steering wheel

• Charges iPod/iPhone while connected

• Supports iPod: mini, nano, photo, video, classic, touch

• Supports iPhone: iPhone, 3, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S

Suits

• Most Subaru vehicles (1999-2008) running with the McIntosh System.

• Liberty MY04-07 - McIntosh System

NOTE:

Also fits some Suzuki & Suzuki Swift radios running with Clarion based audio gear

Not compatible with MY08 McIntosh System.

Another vote for Parrot. I have an Mki9100. Migrated it from my Jetta to the Subi. $35 got me a harness that made it 100% plug and play. Tons of room behind the head unit for the brain box, and I mounted the display in the ashtray, so you can hide it if you want.

The thing I like about Parrot, is it has USB/iPod/Aux cables. I use USB constantly and its really nice. Built in amp in the parrot is comparable to the head units output, so sound is decent.

I LOVE voice to text. I hit the green button on my steering wheel, and I can tell it to text so and so, then speak my texts. Its mostly my phone handling this, but the parrot kit supports it.

And finally, Ive done approximately 10 updates to the parrot kit. They're constantly improving it and adding features. The parrot I have now, is WAY different/better than when I first purchased. And there's no end in sight for the support.

Hope the one you got works out! But if youre looking for more features/integration, check out the Mki units. I was gonna post a thread with pics of my install, but wasnt sure anyone would really be interested.

J.

yes - pls post pics!!

Another vote for Parrot. I have an Mki9100. Migrated it from my Jetta to the Subi. $35 got me a harness that made it 100% plug and play. Tons of room behind the head unit for the brain box, and I mounted the display in the ashtray, so you can hide it if you want.

The thing I like about Parrot, is it has USB/iPod/Aux cables. I use USB constantly and its really nice. Built in amp in the parrot is comparable to the head units output, so sound is decent.

I LOVE voice to text. I hit the green button on my steering wheel, and I can tell it to text so and so, then speak my texts. Its mostly my phone handling this, but the parrot kit supports it.

And finally, Ive done approximately 10 updates to the parrot kit. They're constantly improving it and adding features. The parrot I have now, is WAY different/better than when I first purchased. And there's no end in sight for the support.

Hope the one you got works out! But if youre looking for more features/integration, check out the Mki units. I was gonna post a thread with pics of my install, but wasnt sure anyone would really be interested.

J.

To you guys with the Parrot kits, if you have an Ipod connected either through bluetooth or usb, can you control the songs through the ipod or do you have to do it through the parrot interface?

I would really like to use the bluetooth connection or even usb but I want to maintain control of song selection through the Ipod, I have used some very sub-par interfaces in the past so I want to avoid that.

I cant confirm or deny that... But, with my Windows 8 Phone, if Im listening to music, streaming or otherwise, I can still use the phone interface as before. OR...I can pause, skip and stop the music via the Parrot control.

The Parrot kit doesnt limit or interfere with your phones operation at all. It simply ports the audio to your speakers. It just also happens to send bluetooth specific controls to the device as well. Your device volume will still be independant also, unless your phone has a "bluetooth" profile or something that presets it.

You could also just plug the AUX jack into your ipod. Its just an 1/8" stereo plug and should work with just about anything.

Here is a quick thread I put together on my install if anyone wants to see.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/parrot-mki9100-install-semi-walkthrough-207199.html?p=4422472

J.

I have the Grom unit on my 2009 CD changer set for SAT emulation. I can answer any questions. P206 UHB I think.

Bluetooth only works when you are operating in SAT mode. I have a thumbdrive with music on it that I play. It shows SAT1 for Bluetooth only, SAT2 for Android Control, and SAT 3 for USB music.

In SAT mode it supports up to 99 folders at the base of the drive, versus the 6 for cd change emulation.

When I receive a call, it switches to Bluetooth. When I press the "Disc 2" button twice, it initializes voice command (and uses the Mic included in the bluetooth kit).

I bought the Galaxy phone control cable, but mostly because I knew it would rapidly charge the phone. I can run torque and navigation no max brightness on a galaxy s3 and it still charges.

When running navigation, it pauses playback on the USB stick and makes the announcement then resumes. There is a small delay of 1-3 seconds after the Bluetooth transmission stops before music resumes.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I cant confirm or deny that... But, with my Windows 8 Phone, if Im listening to music, streaming or otherwise, I can still use the phone interface as before. OR...I can pause, skip and stop the music via the Parrot control.

J.

Ok so you are saying you can still select tracks and playlists through the normal music player interface on the phone, as well as simple commands like select next track or pause on the actual Parrot controller.

As far as I can tell yes. I dont have an iPod, but my wife has an iPhone that I could test. It shouldn't affect your phones interface though.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure how connecting via the apple connector changes things. If it were an issue, just hooking to the aux jack would create the results you want.

If you are on the fence about it, I'de gladly test the iPhone or my wifes older iPod nano...but that doesn't have Bluetooth. Let me know if you want me to try something specific.

J.

The GROM can directly control an Apple device directly, or through bluetooth using the direction keys on the head unit or the steering wheel controls if you have those.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

You have to have a newer headunit for the GROM unit, correct? I guess because I don't have a radio with sat or aux, I never knew about this. Seems like a nice solution, IF you already have the correct radio. Or can it be used on the older units?

Actually I just searched it. Looks like it works on 05-09, but you need the sat option to get text on screen?

Seems like a neat unit.

J.

EDIT: Just took a 2nd gen (I think) iPod nano out to the car. I hooked it up via the iPod connector, and it played great. But no control using the iPod. I think this will be the case any time you hook an apple product up with the apple connector. I couldn't test the Bluetooth, but I have a feeling you will still be able to control via the device. Its just pushing audio at that point. The Nano did function well just using the Aux cable from the Parrot though. Volume and all other controls worked as before, but no control over tracks via the Parrot control.

Maybe newer products act differently when hooked to the apple connector? If you were to hook and iPod directly to the USB input of the Parrot, I think it would either not work, or it would just use your iPod as a storage device and play the tracks using the Parrot display and control.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to add USB & Blue Tooth to my 2006 Legacy 2.5 GT. I have the P-203UH head unit (AM/FM/6 CD). Unfortunately, the Grom Audio gear doesn't work this this head unit. They require a head unit that has SAT or CDC.

For input selectors, my unit has FM, CD, & AM. Grom requires a fourth input, like SAT.

If anyone has had luck upgrading a P-203UH, let me know.

Deven

• 4 years later...

Theres a DIY mod on this forum to add an Aux Cord to the back of the 6 disk headunit using a piggy back adapter. Here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/plug-n-play-aux-mod-2005-6cd-radios-18504.html

Install that, run an aux cord up to the ash tray. Then grab a USB bluetooth kit like this from amazon and a cigarette lighter to usb adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-URANT-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B017CL98X4

Finally grab a ground loop isolator. It takes a bit of work but I'm very happy with how mine turned out.

imgur.com/a/vHOHM

Archived