LegacyGT.com

New Suspension Recommendations

I cant seem to find the Epic engineering springs for my model.. I know subarus are great for compatibility.. would this work in my case??

http://www.tougetuning.com/store/epic-enginnering-springs-20042007-subaru-wrx-p-1498.html

it would ideal because its a Canadian online store. otherwise ive seen them for Legacy GT models.. but they should work in my situation am i correct in assuming this?

you're in canada , check out ion performance , call them and tell them where you are w/ your car and where you want to be .

i researched for over a year and found ion the only supplier to have the options and spring rates/height that suited my needs the best.

you have a bunch of weight in your trunk , you need way stiffer rear springs , not lowering springs that are near stock rate , as most are

struts will do nothing as far as lifting the rear , thats all spring , if you put spacers in the rear you may run out of strut travel and destroy the strut when it always bottoms out internally versus hitting the mechanical bump stop on the chassis

you can add another spring isolater to get a touch more ride height but the spring is then just undr more preload , not optimal at all

i would suggest a wagon spring in stiffer than stock rate w/ no spacer , way stiffer , but i'm no expert , talk to ion

• 8 months later...
Hi all, Just purchased a 2006 spec B . The owner is a nice guy, but although he assured me that all parts were OEM, I just discovered that the new struts put on 500 miles ago are sensatrac's and not the OEM bilstein's (I don't think he knew this was the case, I guess Firestone told him these were OEM equivalents...which they are not)....thoughts on how much this matters or what I should do? New to the forum and appreciate any advice.

Something else to think about: as a general rule for every inch a vehicle is lowered the coefficient of drag is reduced by .01 and that makes a minor difference in fuel economy. If you bought the 2.5i for mileage that might help a little there too if you're interested. The legacy sedans are already at .29cd if memory serves me right, so a .01 or .02 difference from lowering would have a larger impact than on a less slippery car. I purchased separate springs and struts for my Mitsubishi and found out much later that I could have done coilovers myself and put the install money into higher quality components. If your buddy has a spring compressor it nullifies the cost advantage, but coilovers are easier to install regardless. If he doesn't, I've used chains and bolts to hold springs compressed to facilitate removal. It was on a HMMWV, but the principle still applies. Keep your fingers out of the way as the chains occasionally slip, other units had that happen. Just be really careful when you release the tension!

Also, that is a badass system. Props!

Archived