LegacyGT.com

05/06 cubby into 2007

MasAyinde

So after searching for a little while I wasn't able to see if anyone had done this. I liked the cubby display on my 2005 since it had MPG information, time and temperature easily displayed. Not a huge fan of cycling through behind the steering wheel to get to the different fields. Can the 05/06 cubby be wired into a 2007 to display the same information, or is that connection no longer there in 2007?

I tried it for exactly the same reason. It was not a plug-and-play, and I didn't care enough to try to get it to work.

What you MIGHT be able to do, is use the display from an 07+ N/A car. MPG is carried via CANBUS on the low speed bus. When I did my NAV retrofit, I tapped the high and low speed buses from the green connector behind the cluster. I tapped everything else for the NAV install from the radio harness (using an SVXDC extender harness, I just T'd off the connections).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

In 07 the connections are a little different where the wires of your car have a home run system on them. That mean every electronic component is monitored by the ECU. in the 05-06 models they were not home run systems so most of the info came from the can bus witch was fed through the BIU. The BIU is still there in the 07-09(I think) it just doesn't do the same job as the 05-06's. Can this be done. There is a good possiblity. Pretty much that same info is needed for the Navi so if I can check out my Wiring diagram tomorrow I can see what wire go to where on the 07+ models. On the 05-06 it's really one wire that carries the info to the meter. Who knows this might be the case on the newer models too.

Archived