LegacyGT.com

1995 ej22 p0400 code

so the car started throwing a p0400 intermittently. it will stay on for a few days and then mysteriously dissapear for about a day then come back. i have disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the egr also replaced the vacuum valve (circled below) any other suggestions or possible loose wires i should be looking for?

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac242/sikend667/egr_zps4468a67c.jpg

Nice clean engine bay.

There is a small metal pipe that connects to a rubber hose then to the EGR. Make sure it is free flowing.

Also check the hose that goes to the BPT and the small hole in the BPT itself.

Lastly, check operation of the EGR solenoid. Just connect green connectors under driver dash. All solenoids and fans will cycle. You may have to remove from manifold to be sure it's working.

O.

what i cant seem to find is the solenoid itself. i know on the imprezas its basicly under the EGR it is located in a different place on the legacy? did just have the motor out and replaced all those hoses when i worked on the tranny

thank you sir im going to go dig at it on my linch break. is there an easy way to clean these or should i just toss it and get a new one? the car was a high desert car so everything was caked with about 3 inches of dust and grime when i got it so im sure the solenoid is clogged. when i cleaned out the valve itself it was pretty bad.

Can't throw it out. Not sure how yours is attached, but the metal extension from the exh. manifold is swaged on. Some units have a 12mm bolt securing it.( My 96 DOHC is swaged, while the 97 2.2 was bolted).

Coat hanger and alternating heat with water into the pipe finally worked for me.

If you don't get a complete pass through with the hanger, its blocked.

O.

Wow - great looking engine compartment - I wish my bay was that clean! Nice job!

Suggestion: hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the driver side spark plug wires (right side of coil in pic, #2 and #4) may be binding / kinked and touching the manifold. I would turn the wires 90 degrees to relieve the bind and move the wires up and away from a hot manifold.

What make and spec is that front swaybar?

Suggestion: hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the driver side spark plug wires (right side of coil in pic, #2 and #4) may be binding / kinked and touching the manifold. I would turn the wires 90 degrees to relieve the bind and move the wires up and away from a hot manifold.

thats where the stock clips hold the cables. when i did my MSD mod i had to go to the 90 deg cables, it bothered me to put them so close to the manifold as well, but after looking at pretty much every stock 97-99 in the pick n pulls they were all the same way so i figured it would work.

Archived