LegacyGT.com

Most likely wheel bearing? Pulsating whirring noise.

Remember, PB Blaster is your best friend, spray the stuff all over the old one. after you get it moving spray it some more. If it's tough to pull out, spray it some more, have lunch and try again.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I also use anti-seize compound on the nut's and bolts on the car. Even the lug nuts.

Don't worry about the torque value being effected, it's all been talked about and it really makes very little difference. BTW, I torque all lug nuts to 80ftlbs on all kinds of cars and trucks I work on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Thanks.

Just bought a new oem one on eBay for $121 shipped. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

I'd imagine the steering wheel shake and pulsating when braking is from brake pads or rotors but maybe all related if I'm lucky.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Thanks.

Just bought a new oem one on eBay for $121 shipped. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

I'd imagine the steering wheel shake and pulsating when braking is from brake pads or rotors but maybe all related if I'm lucky.

A bad front wheel bearing will make the steering shake sometimes. Took me a while to figure it out. I would get the shimmy like tire balance issue, but only on some highway's not all of them. Since the new wheel bearings, no more shimmy.

Now if you have a shimmy under braking. That's the oem brake pads or cheap pads not cleaning the dust off the rotors.

Most of us have gone to Hawk brake pads, no more shimmy under braking.

Ok I'll get some new pads. Pretty poor braking with the stickers so might as well. So they usually warp the rotors once they are pulsating?

Just happened all of a sudden. Didn't shake when braking when I bought it.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

The quick fix is to re-bed the brakes. It works for a while.

Do 4 or 5 almost stops form 50-60 mph. Use maximum braking effort, you need to get the brake real hot.

Then drive the car at least a mile without touching the brakes.

May be while the caliper is off one side, replace the pads and rotors on the fronts.

http://www.AZPinstalls.com tell Mike you want Hawk ceramic pads and decent rotors for your budget.

You can tell him I sent you.

Ok thanks.

Tried bedding them in again this morning. Did not do anything so pads or rotors must be messed up. I'll probably just pick up some centric premium rotors and those hawk hps pads.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

The HPS pads are dirty, I like the ceramics. My Spec B has HPS on the front, they dirty the wheels in a matter of day's.

My wagon goes all winter with clean wheels.

Which hawk model would you recommend? Not too familiar with them.

Tell Mike at AZPinstalls.com you want Hawk Ceramic pads and centric rotor's for your Legacy. He'll get you a good price and gave you great customer service.

I have DBA slotted on the front of my wagon but OEM rotors every where else on both cars. You can have the rears turned/resurfaced for like $60.00 for both of them.

My machine shop buddy re-surfaces the rotors on a flywheel cutter, it gaves them a better surface.

I have a place I can get most parts at wholesale cost through different vendors so I usually buy from them. I asked about the hawk pads but said they showed no ceramic pads listed for legacy? Is there a part number you know of for them?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Replaced the driver side wheel bearing. Now I can hear the front passenger side wheel bearing loud lol. Not very happy so far with the quality of this car. Guess I'm used to the reliability of my boosted S2000 which seems to be much better than the stock Legacy so far haha.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

After replacing the driver side front the sounds seems exactly the same.

The sound almost completely goes away if I turn the steering wheel to the right. Gets really loud when I turn it to the left.

Is there anything else it could be besides wheel bearing?

I really feel the vibrations or grinding feel in the steering wheel when I turn it to the left.

Front of the car feels wobbly sometimes as well.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

• 2 weeks later...
Wheel bearing sound is gone after replacing the passenger side front wheel bearing now. I haven't had a chance to see if I get the same feeling in the steering wheel still though. I'll test that out as soon as I can take it for a drive.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Archived