LegacyGT.com

5 Degrees of Knock Correction Advance Am I F***ed?

RallyMachine

I can log fine, but the ECU stops transmitting data in the middle of the WOT pull around 4.5k rpm. From what I'm reading I'm not the only one to have this problem either. I don't think that even a reputable tuner would be able to solve this issue quickly. Plus the nearest brick and mortar tuning shop is 100+ miles away.

Instead of using Vag-Com, go to Tactrix.com and buy their hardware. Then pay $150 to Infamous1 (etuner on this site) to set you up with a good e-tune. Also, post where you are located and maybe a member with a Tactrix openport can help you out by logging for you...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I see now. Sorry, I misunderstood. It seems like you are going to need/want a tune eventually correct? If so, you may still want to contact Infamous1 for an e-tune. He may be able to assist you with your logging issue since he should be uber familiar with all the potential problems with logging/connecting properly to the ECU. He was always pretty patient/understanding as I recall.

before shelling out more money for a tactrix cable, read cone_killer's thread. he did that already, no luck. other people have had luck by switching cables, some haven't. so hit or miss. if your friend's tactrix definitely worked, I guess that's a safe bet then.

Ok, I see now. Sorry, I misunderstood. It seems like you are going to need/want a tune eventually correct? If so, you may still want to contact Infamous1 for an e-tune. He may be able to assist you with your logging issue since he should be uber familiar with all the potential problems with logging/connecting properly to the ECU. He was always pretty patient/understanding as I recall.

I was planning on getting an e-tune from him so I guess I'll shoot him a PM and get things rolling and see if he has any solutions.

before shelling out more money for a tactrix cable, read cone_killer's thread. he did that already, no luck. other people have had luck by switching cables, some haven't. so hit or miss. if your friend's tactrix definitely worked, I guess that's a safe bet then.

Sorry for the confusion, but my friends Tactrix did NOT work with my car despite the fact that he uses it to log his car quite often. :(

It's been so long since I logged, I forgot if there is a way to adjust logging speed. If there is, you may try lowering the data collection rate to see if you can get a full log that way.

Yeah I changed the bit rate in my control panel devices to 4800 to match the speed of the ecu. I think it's more an issue of the data transmission rather than collection unfortunately...

Is that the lowest speed? If not, try it at the lowest speed.

open the HEX in RR ECU Editor and you can see what your map looks like. I'm not sure if posting your map would be allowed though being that it was professionally tuned. You can post individual tables by doing screenshots of them, but not the entire map as a HEX file.

Also, drivers, try these:

http://www.crimetank.com/misc/CDM20602.zip

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/does-look-learning-view-thanks-182174.html?p=3809269&highlight=drivers#post3809269

for a very thorough process of removing existing instances of previous drivers.

Well I went out and did several pulls tonight, a couple WOT and a couple NOT full throttle, all to the rev limiter. Same result:spin:

This is just a guess, but it seems as though the cut out is always right around the time when the engine would be reaching 100% load...not sure if this would have anything to do with it.

If you have lower logging speed all the way, then also try limiting the number of parameters you are logging to the following:

Engine Speed (rpm)

Engine Load (Direct)* (g/rev)

Ignition Timing (degrees)

Knock Sum (count)

Manifold Rel. Pressure (psi) 4-byte

Mass Air Flow (volts)

Mass Air Flow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle opening angle

AFR (if you have wide band)

I had the same problem with my vag-com cable (cuts out at 4500rpm or so). Borrowed a friend's Tactrix 1.3 (not the 2.0), stuck a couple ferrite cores on there and it worked. Obviously, your mileage may vary. Good luck though, I know how frustrating that is.

wonder if some of these wot logging issues might be due to an old "noisy" alternator?
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

^ I have the same issues with a brand new alternator lol. I still want to replace my battery, even though its perfectly fine...

Ugh! so much for that theory! sounds like you've been through a lot trying to solve this issue.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Mods please close this thread as my knock is not longer the major issue here. Just wanted to consolidate the logging cut out threads to reduce confusion.

For anyone reading this in the future here is the link to the primary logging issue thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cannot-log-wot-pulls-202559.html

Thanks all for the help.

Archived