LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light with aftermarket DP exhaust and DP?

Joker1315

Does anyone have any problems when you installed aftermarket exhaust and DP on 4th gens? I have STP intake as well and want to let it breathe a little more by opening up exhaust with an Invidia DP and SPT exhaust. I have a feeling this would throw CEL's because of the changein exhaust flow. PLEASE HELP!

Get the car tuned before you do any damage. Next time you decide to buy mods, research first.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Research, read, etc. The answers to your very basic questions have been covered many, many, many times and are also stickied, etc. etc. etc. etc. P.S. Get rid of your intake.

about that oil smell. it might be from my turbo to dp gasket. i just re-used the gasket from my invidia when i had to put the stock one back on

about that oil smell. it might be from my turbo to dp gasket.

And it could be that things are getting hotter than ever before, due to you running lean because of that intake.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Nono, that's another guy.

He just threadjacked/derailed this one. He had another thread where he said he swapped his catless for a catted DP and noticed an exhaust smell, then suggested his cat was contaminated with oil and that the smell was coming from there, and that he was considering dumping gasoline down his DP to clean it out. I pointed out to him that exhaust exits out the rear by the mufflers, and that if he's smelling exhaust from his inside vents while driving at highway speeds, it's not gonna be "oil contaminating his cat" and it's much more likely that the smell is from under the hood, possibly from a leaky oil return line dripping oil onto his UP and the smell is getting sucked into the HVAC intake in the cowl. He might've loosened the line a bit while swapping DPs. For some reason, his thread got deleted... possibly from embarassment. :p

Sounds more like a failed April Fool's hoax.

Nono, that's another guy.

He just threadjacked/derailed this one. He had another thread where he said he swapped his catless for a catted DP and noticed an exhaust smell, then suggested his cat was contaminated with oil and that the smell was coming from there, and that he was considering dumping gasoline down his DP to clean it out. I pointed out to him that exhaust exits out the rear by the mufflers, and that if he's smelling exhaust from his inside vents while driving at highway speeds, it's not gonna be "oil contaminating his cat" and it's much more likely that the smell is from under the hood, possibly from a leaky oil return line dripping oil onto his UP and the smell is getting sucked into the HVAC intake in the cowl. He might've loosened the line a bit while swapping DPs. For some reason, his thread got deleted... possibly from embarassment. :p

nah, my question was answered and i ruled out the possibility of oily cat do i deleted it. it's not the oil return line. i haz no shame!

Archived