LegacyGT.com

Potential 07 Spec.B lemon

evildriver

famaya26: Thanks. Trying to be patient :)

GEE-OTTO: Agreed on the 23k price tag. I was planning on doing some serious negotiating even before I knew about the issues. I don't mind spending a little extra for lower miles though. I'm looking for a car that will last me a while.

m sprank: While I do feel somewhat sorry for the new owner, it's their fault for not doing more research. Not only did they clearly not research the car, they didn't even see it before buying it (from what I'm told). I guess they worked out a deal at one of the dealers other locations. Never saw it, test drove it, etc. They are in for a surprise. I do agree CarFax is useless though. The Subaru dealer that "fixed" it reported an oil change, that's it. But the fact that there were reported oil changes up until 20k miles and then nothing until that "oil change" at 43k miles sent up a red flag to do more research. So sometimes it can help if you know what to look for.

lee07: That's the plan. I'm in no rush. Let me know if you hear of anything in our area though.

Hey evildriver you should make a post in the Spec B registry. The car sold in a Toyota stealership in Longview, Wa which is up next to Oregon. So the car would have been bought buy a Washington or Oregon costumer. Can some figure out the #/500 from the vin so it can be easy to track?

It's an 07 so not a numbered spec.B. VIN has been posted but who knows if the new owner is even an enthusiast that would seek out this kind of community here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived