LegacyGT.com

High Idle Fuel Trim

Tehnation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So after changing my injectors with some I got online from junkyard. I have good results! It was indeed my injectors. I read somewhere that if only your a trim is effected look into injector impedance or latency or something like that. So yea, all of you having these issues check your injectors!!!!!

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1565&pictureid=8447

This is what it looks like now after swapping in a set of used injectors. So its safe to say if you show similar symptoms, trim a being pegged and everything else somewhat normal, you should look into injectors.

The info from this post, http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7202 , is what lead me to the right place. I needed to look elsewhere other than a leak and after checking fuel pressure and changing plugs I was pretty much stuck until I read this little tidbit. So I guess Injector latency was the issue.

"If it's not a vacuum leak:

If you have the symptoms above, but you absolutely cannot find a vacuum leak, there next things to consider are in the tune:

* Injector latency too low - this will also cause a high AF Learning #1 A, with little or no impact on the cruising AF Learning (usually the "C" range).

* MAF scaling too low - bad MAF scaling can cause AF Learning values to range all over the place.

* Injector scaling too large - this can cause large AF Learning values, but typically (if the MAF scaling is good) it will cause all AF Learning values to increase together."

I had random misfires on cylinder 3 every time I reset ecu so when I swapped the right side injectors with left it moved to 4 and it made my lv fuel trim numbers change, which is what I was looking for to isolate the problem. So with that post on romraider and the theory of where there is smoke there is fire. I figured invest 100 bucks in used injectors or pay 130 for subaru to figure it out. After paying 240 dollars for them to change a fuse ... I opted to change injectors and I finally got lucky.

Glad to see you issue figured out. I'm getting closer to mine.

I narrowed my problem down to either Maf sensor, injectors, or tune.

So I replaced the maf sensor with new unit from dealer and voila trims finally adjusted closer to 0. After an ecu reset and two days of driving, all my cells except for C (-11.00) were under +-5.00. Cell D was at 0.00. I should get another check on it.

Now I should get my scaling checked before I move on into injectos/ latency.

Archived