LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 - 223 AWHP / 291 AWTQ

The dyno was noted as being comparable to EFI's conservative mustang dyno....

that is one thing i can speak to - it's not even close to comparable. at stage 2.5 i dyno'd at EFI at 256/290 - exact same setup at bren was 316/340. that's a huge, huge difference that i didn't feel. i gave it 4 or 5 days and went back to the original tune. just went back to EFI at stage 3 and did 275/295. so with injectors, intake and 2 running more pounds of boost i "lost" 40 whp by bren's dyno - the car is without a doubt noticeably faster than either previous tune. so even though i'm down 8 whp or so to your buddy's car i'd love to see how they go side by side. *ahem. on a closed course, naturally.

i can put anything i want down here?!

Pretty Happy with the results:

A/F - Stable - 11.9 @ 2,500 RPM to 11.3 @ 6,700 RPM

Max Boost - 16.9 @ Mid Range With No Spikes at all

http://www.eastcoastswappers.com/main/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&sat=0&cb=0&dgr=1&smm=0&sg=1&runid1=501&rgb1=000000255

Looks good, curves are nice. Turn up the boost!

well can't speak to that dyno, but i'm guessing your buddy's was tuned in auburn? and it looks like we have about the same setup only i'm on vf52, avo tmic and 850cc injectors. yet you make a whopping 75 more whp... granted mikey couldn't pull much timing at all given i had some shitty gas on tune day, but still, that is a HUGE difference for a very comparable setup.

It is what it is... Not trying to start a tuner war, but I've had experience with both Bren and EFI.

After my build, i was EFI tuned immediately... and ended up at 302 whp... Which was a great number. However, the driveability just wasn't what i was after.

My logs were great, and the car ran fine, but it was just missing something, and it was certainly running a bit rich. After spending what i spent on the build, i just felt, i should have been more excited with the driveability. I was actually more happy with my Infamous stage 2 E-tune than my new stage 3 tune. Not the experience i was looking for after spending a few grand on my new building a several hundred on my new tune...

So I decided to reach out to Bren after a few people mentioned his magic. He said some things that made me happy, and i made the 4 hour RT ride to get tuned with Bren.

Yes, my number went up to 347whp, but regardless of what the paper says, the driveability was EXACTLY what i wanted. Regardless of the number. The whp could have been 285, and i would have been just as happy. My logs are still great, and my gas mileage has gotten even better.

I know 7-8 converts that are all happy bren customers now. I also know a shit-ton of EFI customers who are also very happy. To each their own, and i would never bad mouth the guys at EFI, as they've always been very curteous and gracious to me... They've worked on my car a few times since the re-tune, and i would continue to recommend their shop to anyone in the area. They are great at what they do...

As far as tunes go, tunes are very subjective in terms of driveability. Everyone has different expectations. :)

I was tuned by EFI in 2009 and my numbers on the mustang dyno were 249/302 and I was retuned one year ago by Bren tuning on a dyno pack and my baseline was 242/298 and with NO NEW MODS Bren had me at 281/331 when I left. I am just a stage 2 08 LGT. I was VERY impressed with the hp increase and ever since it feels like I am driving a diff car.

Don't get me wrong Paul at ecs is a good tuner but I am a Bren fan and my #2 choice would be Mikey at EFI

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

no i'm not, either. i totally know what you mean about driveablility and mikey's style of tuning. it seems to be all or nothing. my car seems to be basically n/a until 3k rpm, then takes of like an ape with a hot coal in it's ass. definitely takes some getting used to and is... dramatic, to put it one way. my tune with bren was smooth for sure, but i felt like it didn't pull as hard and my avg mpg went all the way down to 22.2. i'm almost at 26 mpg average now, despite getting on it more often, though i'm sure a very large part of that could be the brand spanking new injectors flowing much more efficiently. however, that said i supposedly gained about 60 whp that i just didn't feel, and that's a big number, which brings me to my issue with bren - it seems like he's selling numbers when an amazing tune will speak for itself. i'm not at all hung up on numbers, i drive my car, not run it on a dyno to make people saw 'wow'.

and i know dynos are a tuning tool and they're all different and real world application is what matters. but i just don't see where 283 whp with a downpipe (and maybe exhaust and boost controller, i dunno what all your friend did to his car) is accurate. it sounds great and makes people happily hand over money, but i'd rather see low numbers and pull hard than be told i'm at 285 whp and be really embarrassed when a car with comparable (or even lower) numbers absolutely takes me to school. to under promise and over deliver is always better than the opposite in my opinion.

I'm not really sure who's numbers are more accurate... There will always be debate, as there seems to be a shit ton of tuner drama... But it's all about driveability. i don't know too many (any actually) unhappy bren tuned people...

same can be said about efi folk as well!

Whatever makes you happy! :)

Archived