LegacyGT.com

Just picked up an 05 OBXT

Hi Everyone!

I've ran through this forum in the past when I was looking at a Legacy SpecB. Long story short, I didn't end up getting one. Last June I actually purchased a Scion FR-S and love the vehicle, but I needed something additional that is a little bit more practical. I work for a Toyota dealership and actually had a customer with a 2005 Outback XT Limited Manual that he was looking to trade in, but we could not come to an agreeable number.

I ended up purchasing it from him for $9,500. It's a 2005 Limited XT, Black on Black, manual, with 68000 miles. I've been reading about the vehicle all morning just trying to figure out what are some things to look for with these cars. I look forward to driving it everyday and any input on what to check out is greatly appreciated!

eventually you'll realize a pretty significant difference in the sense of handling, ride, and composure between your 2 cars. There are cures for the OB. And at the price you paid, I hope you'll consider it a great start. There's a huge thread on subaruoutback.org (05-09 suspension FAQ)discussing the upgrade options, and excellent disccusions here on LGT.com. My car is similar (black XT LTD stick). I've added a rear sway bar, good Michelins, and Bilstein shocks/struts. I like it alot more than I used to. But there are other approaches.

• 4 weeks later...

just picked up mine as well! In fact, I flew out to the upper peninsula of MI (from Boston) and drove it back yesterday.

05 OBXT Limited w/30k miles for $15k. The thing is pristine. Drove it the 1100+ miles home and I can honestly say there is not a single thing I don't like about the car. Now I have to look into selling my 2002 wrx that I bought new. :p

Congrats on your pickup too!

Archived