LegacyGT.com

05 LGT wagon vs 02 WRX wagon

blanston

Hi all,

Thought I'd get some input from the locals. We have 2 subarus in the family and might soon need to get rid of one. I know this is a legacy forum, so i kinda know where this is going!

2002 wrx wagon, 100k vs 2005 LGT limited wagon, 122k.

The wrx just has suspension upgrades with swift springs, front and rear sways and stock engine.

LGT totally stock.

WRX handles the way I like and can track it and autox for fun without it being too harsh (but it's a low end dog). Lgt stock soft and mushy but I dig the 2.5 motor.

I love my wrx and so too my wifes LGT but was wondering if anyone here has gone from an early wrx to the LGT. If i keep the lgt, can i get it to handle close enough to what i'm used to with the wrx with the benefits of the upgraded motor.

advantage of lgt is we recently did the clutch and timing belt. wrx will be coming up on this.

ok, chime on in!

PM Heedz. He went from a modded LGT to 02 WRX.

I love my LGT Wagon. With my suspension/tire/brake upgrades my 5eat can keep up with/pass most street cars on the track (stg 2-3 sti's, s2k CR's, caymans, audi TT's, etc) in the high intermediate level.

Hi all. thanks for the input. wpmarky, what suspension are you running? No more coilovers for me; just looking for a solid sport ride.

I'll check in with Heedz too on his switch over to the wrx; should be interesting to compare.

I've been away from the forum for a while, i guess i better start reading and researching again.

I traded my '02 WRX for '05 LGT in September of '04, and I couldn't be happier. I switched to the LGT because:

• more room for my shit
  • leather
  • more of a sleeper than the WRX

However, I also loved my WRX, but the LGT was better suited to my lifestyle.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

right now i run 9k/9k RCE coils.

If you want springs, i highly recommend bilstiens struts + pink springs or swift springs. Then add some sway bars + a -1 all around alignment and you're good to go.

Hi all. thanks for the input. wpmarky, what suspension are you running? No more coilovers for me; just looking for a solid sport ride.

I'll check in with Heedz too on his switch over to the wrx; should be interesting to compare.

I've been away from the forum for a while, i guess i better start reading and researching again.

Heedzz wrx is not stock though so it's not a comparison lol. I'd say stock with the lgt. It's just better overall. You have similar mileage, suspension won't be too expensive either. Most just go with swift springs with koni adjustable if they decide no coilovers. Plus lgt insurance MUST be cheaper especially cause you have a wagon. He'll my impreza insurance is more expensive than my lgt. Lol plus you'd probably get more money quickly for your wrx!

That's a list of what's done to the car

http://www.i-club.com/forums/garage/2003-Subaru-Impreza-715-Heedz.html

510Finn can add in too since it's his old car and he went to an 08 Spec B.

What I miss about the LGT

-Leather seats that were comfortable, I feel like I NEED full bucket seats now, no lunbar support on the bugeye seats.

-Heated Seats!!!!!!!

-How sleek and camry/TL like the car was, less attention *Although my 4ft CB antenna, stickers on the rear window stuck out like a sore thumb*

-Sun/moon roof

-A more modern interior

-Projector Fog lights (50/50 on this one)

What I don't miss

-Rear sway bar mounting points

-LCA

-Less parts available

-Stereo system

-Endless clunks with rear sway bars

-Sticky window switch

-Small amount of rear passenger room for such a normal sized sedan

-The TMIC to Turbo connection

-Exhaust fitment issues

Thanks everybody for your input. I still am weighing both out and will be forced into a decision when we trade in one of the cars for whatever she picks out. Not a bad position to be in, but I'm leaning LGT for now. To be continued...

I traded my '02 WRX for '05 LGT in September of '04, and I couldn't be happier. I switched to the LGT because:

• more room for my shit
  • leather
  • more of a sleeper than the WRX

However, I also loved my WRX, but the LGT was better suited to my lifestyle.

+1, couldn't agree more.

That's a list of what's done to the car

http://www.i-club.com/forums/garage/2003-Subaru-Impreza-715-Heedz.html

510Finn can add in too since it's his old car and he went to an 08 Spec B.

What I miss about the LGT

-Leather seats that were comfortable, I feel like I NEED full bucket seats now, no lunbar support on the bugeye seats.

-Heated Seats!!!!!!!

-How sleek and camry/TL like the car was, less attention *Although my 4ft CB antenna, stickers on the rear window stuck out like a sore thumb*

-Sun/moon roof

-A more modern interior

-Projector Fog lights (50/50 on this one)

What I don't miss

-Rear sway bar mounting points

-LCA

-Less parts available

-Stereo system

-Endless clunks with rear sway bars

-Sticky window switch

-Small amount of rear passenger room for such a normal sized sedan

-The TMIC to Turbo connection

-Exhaust fitment issues

All the stuff you don't miss are not necessarily horrible, or non-repairable/addressable.

But, the WRX was definitely more fun to drive if you're into more aggressive/spirited driving. More mod parts available for the WRX for sure.

Thanks everybody for your input. I still am weighing both out and will be forced into a decision when we trade in one of the cars for whatever she picks out. Not a bad position to be in, but I'm leaning LGT for now. To be continued...

If you want my opinion, I say keep the LGT Wagon (esp. since MT).

The WRX will be far cheaper to mod and there's a lot more available in every corner.

However the responsiveness if the 2.5L and AVCS system are an equal trade IMO. The boost threshold alone caused me to sell my stage 3 05 Wagon for an LGT. Looking forward to a little luxury by comparison.

Archived