LegacyGT.com

Frame support

The car is hitting its limits, imo, so its time to throw money at it until it does what you want. Will probably get front and rear cusco brackets and power bars and call it a day.

This will get expensive fast. Some of your flex is coming from the suspension, as a more controlling suspension will do more to improve your experience than a stiffer chassis.

I dont really want coilovers. Still need to get the whiteline rear contral arm set and megan racing rear camber arm. If after I get the rear stuff it still isnt the way I like it, I will get front and rear brace, and then power bars. Expensive? I'm all in at this point!

actually I only need 3 kits

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-822/Cusco-Legacy-GT-BP9/Detail

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-821/Cusco-Legacy-GT-BP9/Detail

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-818/Cusco-Legacy-GT-BP5-fdsh-9/Detail

$510, isnt that bad considering what people are paying for turbos and intercoolers, and this will be money well spent, imo.

So after installing

-koni struts

-whiteline bump steer and roll center kit, steering rack bushings, front control arm front and rear anti lift/caster bushings

-eibach springs

-hotchkis sway bar set

-kartboy endlinks

-avo sway bar mounting bracket

I think I need more frame support. I feel some flex in the body.

I'm still confused by this "I feel some flex in the body", as you're on struts & springs. The only way to feel the body flex is if the suspension was completely bottomed out (no more compression) and your tires were not sliding (still had grip left). You dont say what tires you are running, however, if you're not on race rubber (treadwear 40), you've got to have the most sensitive butt dyno around.

Having ridden in cars that are tied into full cages (rally cage) on the track, the amount of noise that comes from body when its resisting the centrifugal force is alot. If yours is doing the same thing, you're riding the raggedy edge.

However, its your money, chase your flex as you see fit. No amount of bolt-on under-chassis braces is going to match a cage. And only a cage is going to give you zero flex.

Of course, I could be smoking crack, too.

?? The body moves to much, I want it to stop! Its not fun when it feels like my body is going to be torn from the suspension. I dont think my current setup can handle the weight shifts as well as I would like it. Dont really know what there is to understand lol.

• I Donated Too
I have a cusco front subframe brace, brand new in box, that i'd be willing to sell. Like this one: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cusco-Lower-ver-II-Front-Legacy-GT/dp/B007RQQM34/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2QGVHA47NHHY7&coliid=I2ETDOH9CTSPF7]Cusco Lower arm Bar ver.II Front BP9 Legacy-GT : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

?? The body moves to much, I want it to stop! Its not fun when it feels like my body is going to be torn from the suspension. I dont think my current setup can handle the weight shifts as well as I would like it. Dont really know what there is to understand lol.

Ok, that makes more sense. Its not that the body isnt stiff, its that your suspension/tires are too compliant for the way you drive. Then again, it may be the way you drive, too. ;)

With struts/springs, you have a compromise setup. You have compliance for the DD, not compliance for the track. These are 2 vastly different things. Until you move into a more suitable suspension/tire setup, you'll continue to be frustrated. LosangelesLGT's build being a great read on why this is so, as you see his suspension updates to match his new driving style.

Personally, buying chassis braces to stiffen up your Koni/Eibach suspension is a waste of money. Its kind of like making spaghetti that's al dente (sp) in the middle and mush on the ends...

Not ready yet. Still need to find out why my idle trim is pegged to 15 on lv, get tuned for stage 2, change rear control arms and camber arm. Who knows maybe i'll find this boost leak in a month or 2 cause only god knows where it is at this point.

Ok, that makes more sense. Its not that the body isnt stiff, its that your suspension/tires are too compliant for the way you drive. Then again, it may be the way you drive, too. ;)

With struts/springs, you have a compromise setup. You have compliance for the DD, not compliance for the track. These are 2 vastly different things. Until you move into a more suitable suspension/tire setup, you'll continue to be frustrated. LosangelesLGT's build being a great read on why this is so, as you see his suspension updates to match his new driving style.

Personally, buying chassis braces to stiffen up your Koni/Eibach suspension is a waste of money. Its kind of like making spaghetti that's al dente (sp) in the middle and mush on the ends...

Well said sir. I couldn't agree more. I don't actually think it's his chassis he is unhappy with.

change rear control arms and camber arm.

In this case, let me give you the best solution for this, since your chassis is so loose.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-pa-new-spec-b-rear-control-arms-171954.html - scroll down until you see the racing arms with the heim joints. This will make the rear of your car so stiff it will squeak...seriously. On top of which, you'd have the only DD with these pieces...even more bling than JDM.

lol, I asked how to stiffen things up, nothing more. Didnt ask for opinions just facts, lalgt already pointed me in right direction and I found my answer. If your going to be rude about it, then I guess we are done here.

lol, I asked how to stiffen things up, nothing more. Didnt ask for opinions just facts, lalgt already pointed me in right direction and I found my answer. If your going to be rude about it, then I guess we are done here.

Not sure anyone was being rude. We were trying to help you address the real problem.

best of luck!

Archived