LegacyGT.com

Question about parts for doing turbo install

I installed my vf52 using the stock oil feed lines with the banjo filter removed.

Oh what turbo are you using ?

You shouldreplace the oil return hose and I used bolts in place of the studs on the up pipe. I found it much easier to line the turbo inlet, oil return hose and up pipe all at the same time.

I used the bolts that hold the up pipe bracket tot he block, the dealer has them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm using a rebuilt BNR 16g.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna go with the ip&t filtered line without the avcs. And skip the inlet hose for sure.

Max you don't happen to have the part number for those uppipe bolts do you? And where can I get a return hose, dealership? I couldnt find one on Infamous or FredBeans

That list looks good.

The parts guy should be able to give you 5 each 10x1.25x 1" long or a little longer. Measure the flanges and get the bolt a little longer. They will have a $20.00 oil return hose too.

Remember to use anti-seize compound and zip tie the vacuum hoses.

If you can bring the up pipe with you and make sure the bolts fit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

When you see the old one you'll understand.

It will be hard and ready to crack.

Here's mine. notice the bolts.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4783.jpg

Archived