LegacyGT.com

compatibility between ej22e and ej25d

Hey what's up guys I recently found a second gen leggy with an ej25d and a 6sp trans, my questions are: what do I need to make the trans mate up to my ej22e and what parts would I need to use the ej25d heads on my ej22e?? And also are the gear ratios on the 6 speed compatible with the 4.11 differential that's currently on my leggy? Thanks in advance!

Yeah I want to do all of this to my first gen, since I found an lgt at a local yard and I need some more speed lol, I was reading that thread not too long ago and that's what gave me the idea, only thing is about the harness that's already in my first gen I don't think it would be compatible

Gotcha. If you are feeling adventurous you can boost your 22e. You need to drill and tap the heads for an oil return and run a coolant line to the turbo. Lots of people have done it. An old vf11 from an old turbo leggy works great along with a top mount inter cooler. You can run 5 psi of boost without the need for any engine management. Plenty of threads of how to do it on nasioc and rs2.5.com.

Hey what's up guys I recently found a second gen leggy with an ej25d and a 6sp trans, my questions are: what do I need to make the trans mate up to my ej22e and what parts would I need to use the ej25d heads on my ej22e?? And also are the gear ratios on the 6 speed compatible with the 4.11 differential that's currently on my leggy? Thanks in advance!

6spd trannys were not available in usdm until the 07 Spec B. Typo?

See DOHCEJ22E1 posts on build with this combo.

O.

Yeah, you'll run into OBDI and OBDII compatibility issues. You can't run the 25D top end properly.

If you're looking for more power, put EJ22 top end on the 25D short block. With some cam regrinds you'll be putting out over 180 horsepower at the crank and you'll have gobs of low end torque.

And yeah, a 6MT would only be in that car if it was fully swapped. And that sounds unlikely since the car is sitting in a junk yard... It's probably the 5MT.

Archived