LegacyGT.com

Fourth Gen CEL (Check Engine Light) codes

I've been searching through the forum, and can't seem to find a detailed list of the difference CEL codes. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

Again, I did try a search but was unable to find what I was looking for.

This morning, I went to start my car, and the Check Engine Light came on. Also, the Cruise control light continues to flash. I let it sit for a few minds (while I checked all the fluids) and re-started. No issues, but lights still on.

Car runs fine, went to work, let it sit for another 30mins (hoping it would re-set) and no dice. Lights still on.

I did notice an ERR 55 (where the trip meter is). Again was hoping to find what this meant but was unable to.

Anyone have a list of codes, or any guidance as to what it might be (before I bring it to the dealer)?

Thanks,

2005 Legacy GT limited Wagon, manual

~136000km's

There's a way to pull codes without a scanner. I forgot what's needed since I own my own scanner. I think Max Capacity knows the way to do it.

Once the code(s) are read search them up and go from there.

There's a way to pull codes without a scanner. I forgot what's needed since I own my own scanner. I think Max Capacity knows the way to do it.

Sounds good...I'll try to swing by part source and get a reading.

Thank you :)

Yea, I know how, but I have the direction on a piece of paper inth e glove box.

I did print them from here, I think HAMMERDOWN or Frank_ster had the orginal thread with them.

OP the CC light always flashes when you get a CEL, that's normal.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

GAH, thank you...I suck at using the search function on this forum. I checked "CEL" and this mad awesome list sure didn't come up.

THANK YOU...

going to the dealers tomorrow, see how much they charge me to scan the car and give me the code. From there i'll either choose to invest in my own scanner or search around for an old method i used to use (use a paper clip to jump certain points). The number of blinks lead to what code it was...was this the method you speak of in your glove box?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cel-code-reader-05-198606.html

Found it

I tend to search via google. Type in what you're looking for and legacygt.com

Gee who posted that...oh...never mind.

OP Any auto parts store will read the code for free.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

$65 later, the dealer tells me its a LF wheel speed (ABS) sensor that's toast (code C0104). I wasn't able to find the code on the list, so I'm not sure exactly what that means.

Anyways they want $200 for the repair, but the part is only $40.50 on SubaruGenuineParts.

Anyone know how difficult it is to change? I looked at the manual and it looks rather simple!? unplug, replace, re-plug?

Don't forget about pulling the wheel and brake off to get to the sensor, then remove two rusty bolts.

Plus they will charge you more then 40.00 for the sensor.

Archived