LegacyGT.com

Ways to reach deeper exhaust tones.

Rattsl

Is there a way to reach a certain deeper exhaust tone, without getting a full catback or hogzaust, or axle backs and just running the stock system? I'm running an Invidia Catless dp, and a Agency Power up.

Say wider pipes somewhere between mid and resonator?

Any ideas?

Hell no. Trying to keep it looking as stock as possible. I might have the exhaust finally tucked and extended, but I'm searching for around the middle of the exhaust system, something that would increase the outside tone.

Is there a way to reach a certain deeper exhaust tone, without getting a full catback or hogzaust, or axle backs and just running the stock system? I'm running an Invidia Catless dp, and a Agency Power up.

Say wider pipes somewhere between mid and resonator?

Any ideas?

Have you looked under there before? What do you think you could change under there that is post-DP but pre-muffler that would make the exhaust note a bit louder? There's barely any piping there if you discount the resonated section... Widening the piping in those small sections is probably going to do absolutely nothing.

Change/remove mufflers, Hogzhaust, remove resonator (not sure if this is a good idea. Check the exhaust audio/video thread)... those are your choices.

Well, what are you looking for exactly? Because those clips are only somewhat useful and nothing beats hearing the car in person.

Remember, those clips will sound differently to everyone, and probably the recording itself isn't even accurate. Different recording setups produce clips with more or less bass. And then you have to worry about the playback setup like your speakers, bass settings, etc.

What you want is a new catback, with a third muffler or resonator welded in. Not cheap. It's what I did, and a lot of other people have done.

My car runs pretty mellow at idle, not annoying or loud, and is fine for daily city/highway driving, and still sounds amazing at WOT.

Nothing cheap unfortunately. SPT v2 catback (pricey) and I had the midpipe cut and a Magnaflow 5" round straight-through muffler welded in. A 4" probably would have been find also.

The car droned like crazy at around 3KRPM without that extra muffler.

I know that you said no catback exhausts but I am running a spt v2 and it is quiet at idle (a little louder then stock exhaust sounding) and at wot it is loud and what everyone looks for with a boxer rumble. I think you would be happy with it. Otherwise I would said catless dp..but 3" piping is a definite plus.

No way SPT v2 is just a "little louder" than stock. It's definitely a very noticeable increase in idle rumble as well as highway drone... But then again, maybe I just have a lower tolerance.

I know that you said no catback exhausts but I am running a spt v2 and it is quiet at idle (a little louder then stock exhaust sounding) and at wot it is loud and what everyone looks for with a boxer rumble. I think you would be happy with it. Otherwise I would said catless dp..but 3" piping is a definite plus.

didn't you say you gutted the mufflers? (from way back in august)

Archived