LegacyGT.com

Random misfires after LWFW

I have an 05 lgt with 139,000 miles. At about 115,000 i installed a new clutch/flywheel and my CEL has been on ever since from misfires on #3 and #4. It only comes on if i let the car idle, if i just get in and go for a couple days the light will go off but as soon as i idle for a minute or two it comes back on. My question is is there any way to get rid of this as I am trying to sell the car and i know that the light is going to end up costing me either not being able to sell or at least having to take less than i know the car is worth... Any help would be great.

Yeah b/c your ECU likes the stock DMFW, when you swap to a LWFW you engine is turning faster than it is programed to like.

You need to have a tuner go into your ecu and adjust idle speed and the inputs from your crank and cam sensors, not just "turn them off" :lol: Many 05 folks do this conversion and are very happy. Go to the tuning section and search for this mod and fix and you should get good answer

That has to be the problem as the car runs great otherwise and it happened at the same time.

Yeah that is def the issue even us non-turbo guys can suffer from going too light on the FW. That DMFW is great for low speed operation and is actually a good setup to run full time just gets costly to replace.

You should ask one of the tuning authorities on this site for adivce they can help you find a good shop in your area.

It is about 60 miles away. That is probably who i will ask. I have emailed back and forth with them a couple times in the past when i was going to get the clutch and plugs and all done but I just ended up doing the clutch myself and got a good shop here closer to do the plugs.

Archived