The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just broke the news of moving to the 1820's farmhouse/business opportunity to the kid. She knew of the potential, but not that it was for sure happening. She is not happy. And, it pains me a bit to say... I don't care as much as I thought I would. She'll have her pick of amazing spaces in this home to make her own. She says she doesn't want to live in a museum, but we will all need to work to make it ours, not a museum. I can't freaking wait to move. I can't wait to have local mini-subie-regional event here. It is magical.

The beautiful thing about being an adult now? She doesn't have to if she REALLY doesn't want to. :)

Why are so many people on this site so good movie illiterate?

...depends on the movie I suppose.

I watch with my wife every X-Mas. And you have time to watch crap, action movies, I'd bet.

...I have plenty of time to watch movies, long as it's Cars, Cars 2, or Wreck-it-Ralph. My wife and I may try to sneak a movie in on the weekend after the kids are asleep, but it often ends up watching us.

The $74.29 soda and popcorn bill isn't going over to well either.

Whenever I take my daughter to a movie, we usually take one of her friends, too. And we stop at a pharmacy to buy bulk candy at 1/100 of the theater cost and sneak it in. We never get anything at the theater.

...I have plenty of time to watch movies, long as it's Cars, Cars 2, or Wreck-it-Ralph. My wife and I may try to sneak a movie in on the weekend after the kids are asleep, but it often ends up watching us.

During the Xmas season, as a family we'll generally watch 4-6 movies together. Anything from Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Elf, Year without a Santa Claus, the Story of Santa Claus, Miracle on 34th St., Holiday Inn, White Christmas, All that Heaven Allows, and/or Santa Buddies. A Christmas Vacation is never watched becz wife and I deemed it unfunny. :p

We try to make Friday nights a family night year round, but in the holiday season, we tend to watch those movies rather than play games.

During the Xmas season, as a family we'll generally watch 4-6 movies together. Anything from Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Elf, Year without a Santa Claus, the Story of Santa Claus, Miracle on 34th St., Holiday Inn, White Christmas, All that Heaven Allows, and/or Santa Buddies. A Christmas Vacation is never watched becz wife and I deemed it unfunny. :p

Don't forget die hard. Probably my favorite Christmas movie.

My wife and I booked a room for the 30th. First time away from the kid(s) in 2 1/2 years.

We try to make Friday nights a family night year round, but in the holiday season, we tend to watch those movies rather than play games.

Same movies we watch here, during this time of year haha, my 8 year daughter would watch Elf every weekend if we would let her. She still believes in S.C. too :) Took her on a Polar Express train ride last year, it was a blast!