LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

No baby aspirin nowadays. found that it's linked to Reye's syndrome. Use Tylenol or Motrin :)

We haven't found a good 'cure.' Tylenol on super cranky nights, however it's merely impossible to determine why your baby is crying or uncomfortable. Teething. Cold. Hot. Sick.

We've tried frozen rings, wash clothes, teething tablets, more bottle, less bottle...Take a shotgun approach. It's usually just a day or two here and there. I think when you finally found the right remedy, it's more so just the fact that the pain is naturally subsiding at that point :)

Yea it's Tylenol. Should've specified... That and baby suppositories are the greatest child infant tools in the toolbox. You don't ever want to be without either one.

SBT, both my kids had those amber bracelets. I personally doubted their effectiveness but my wife swears they work. You've had luck with them?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sbw - yeah that's all she has used and she swears by the baltic amber as well. She doesn't use any meds, no tylenol, motrin, etc., and he has been very healthy and issue free. And she is a teacher, and manages a preschool where the petri-dish is always on a boil, so she's exposed and brings home a lot of stuff that affect her and her husband, but don't seem to affect their little one. Like I said, she is very persistent in her praise of the baltic amber necklace.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

sbw - yeah that's all she has used and she swears by the baltic amber as well. She doesn't use any meds, no tylenol, motrin, etc., and he has been very healthy and issue free. And she is a teacher, and manages a preschool where the petri-dish is always on a boil, so she's exposed and brings home a lot of stuff that affect her and her husband, but don't seem to affect their little one. Like I said, she is very persistent in her praise of the baltic amber necklace.

Is the bracelet for the child or mother?

Jay - in this case the child wears the necklace it around their neck - it fits loosely so no worries about pinching or strain. Not sure if it has any benefits to adults, but the baby has definitely gotten some where/use/benefit from it. Pictures are in the link I provided above.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Jay - in this case the child wears the necklace it around their neck - it fits loosely so no worries about pinching or strain. Not sure if it has any benefits to adults, but the baby has definitely gotten some where/use/benefit from it. Pictures are in the link I provided above.

Interesting, I may check it out!

Based on the dr's ive talked to, having the kid get sick when he's young is also beneficial to their immunity later in life. We'll see. Daycare has been a tough battle with illnesses. He was getting sick twice a month. He's been MUCH better lately though (with the exception of the kidney infection!). Only one minor cold since September (knock on wood!).

Interesting, I may check it out!

Based on the dr's ive talked to, having the kid get sick when he's young is also beneficial to their immunity later in life. We'll see. Daycare has been a tough battle with illnesses. He was getting sick twice a month. He's been MUCH better lately though (with the exception of the kidney infection!). Only one minor cold since September (knock on wood!).

I think by the time the kids are 13 it evens out. You either get a sick toddler, or a sick kid in elementary school, take your pick :)

I think by the time the kids are 13 it evens out. You either get a sick toddler, or a sick kid in elementary school, take your pick :)

Yep. At this point I have 7 months of daycare sicknesses under our belt.... So I may just ride it out at this point. Don't want to lose our investment lol

if yall didnt know, clove is a natural pain reliever. it work especially well for dental pain. take a handful of cloves, steep them until they are soft, wrap them in a piece of cheese cloth andlet the munchkin chew on it a bit. the flavor isnt too harsh after the steeping, and after a few minutes of it their gums will be numb enough for them to crash out. the temporary fillings used at most dentist offices have a bit of clove extract in them for numbing as well.

• Moderators
cant handle the smell of clove. Smoked a pack of clove cigarettes during a 2 hour concert once. Havent been the same since then. LOL

I bet that made your whole face go numb :lol:

I'm intrigued by those necklaces, might have to keep them in mind for the next go-round.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Just got back from urgent care with the munchkin. His temp was 94.1 and he was sweating. I have not been this big of a mess...read: crying since he was born via emergency C-section!

Yikes, those are some interesting symptoms. What was the cause?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Just got back from urgent care with the munchkin. His temp was 94.1 and he was sweating. I have not been this big of a mess...read: crying since he was born via emergency C-section!

Hang in there. Best to you and the family.

No, temp was 94.1. Took him back today and his temp is starting to normalize again but still around 97.9 - 98.1. Dr noticed what looks to be the start of an ear infection. She has not explanation for the temperature either. All we can do is watch him. Fortunately, he is back to his happy, eating, playing, napping self.

:)

Ear infection over here too. And someone has pinkeye. And another just got over strep throat. It never ends...

Sucks. Reason 1,432,631 I'm glad I had one, and she's out of the house. Of course, it still never ends.