The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, much better. The antibiotic is causing havoc on his stomach though, so we're starting a probiotic based on our doc's advice.

Turns out he had a kidney infection. Fairly rare in an infant boy. He'll have a kidney ultrasound soon to make sure there's no issue.

9.5 months.

Yeah, it was troubling (to say the least) to see that temp. Took it two times to confirm, and then immediately stripped him down, and starting wiping him off with wet wipes. Wife called the pediatrician in the mean time. Gave him Tylenol. 10 minutes later he was on the living room floor laughing, trying to play with the dog; while his temp had dropped to 105.5... He's a trooper!

While we were awaiting the dr's call back, we were getting his diaper bag loaded, outing/feeding the dog, and getting ready for the trip to the er that we knew she would want us to do. It was a high stress situation that I think we handled pretty well. Somehow. :)

Doc advised that a fever becomes 'unsafe' at 107-08 ish in infants of his age.

Son has a drs appt. Today I think he has to get some shots and he's already in a bit of a cranky mood hopefully he'll do good with the needles again.

My daughter cried a LOT the first time she got her shots. The nurse was a stupid b!+@#

Second time, we got a nurse who had diabetes and she gave herself shots. This nurse pinched the fat on my child's thigh, and then inserted the needle. My daughter was uncomfortable and a little teary, but not whaling like she did last time.

We asked for the same nurse to be present at every shot day.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

My daughter cried a LOT the first time she got her shots. The nurse was a stupid b!+@#

Second time, we got a nurse who had diabetes and she gave herself shots. This nurse pinched the fat on my child's thigh, and then inserted the needle. My daughter was uncomfortable and a little teary, but not whaling like she did last time.

We asked for the same nurse to be present at every shot day.

Its strange because my son didn't even flinch the first 2 shots but now he gets really upset but then again he wasn't in the happiest mood this morning now he's hanging out playing with all his toys lol.

our son's reaction to his first round of shots was pretty tolerable. As he got older, his reaction got much worse. He's usually over it within 1 minute though. However, he usually runs a fever for a night or two after the shot.

our son's reaction to his first round of shots was pretty tolerable. As he got older, his reaction got much worse. He's usually over it within 1 minute though. However, he usually runs a fever for a night or two after the shot.

Happens to both of my kids as well. We expect a small fever the next day or two after shots. The shock of the shot takes a few moments to set in. Then they cry for about 10 seconds or so and can be calmed pretty easily.

How old is you son, jase?

And I know kids can get higher temps than an adult, but 106! That had to scare the crap out of you. It would me.

This.

Jase, glad to hear your boy is back to normal.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

FWIW - GS1 is nearly 15mos old and has had zero (0) shots. Healthy as can be. Mom also works as a preschool teacher and director.

Yep - none. Researched the hell out of the individual and combo shots and, after much analysis, came to the conclusion that they would be very, very selective about IF and WHEN, he received his. Pediatrician fully concurs with their findings.

• Moderators
Yep - none. Researched the hell out of the individual and combo shots and, after much analysis, came to the conclusion that they would be very, very selective about IF and WHEN, he received his. Pediatrician fully concurs with their findings.

For the most part, I won't argue with anyone's decisions on their own kid's health care.

They're planning on home schooling though, yes? Here's the quick return on a search for vaccination requirements in VA: http://www.vdh.state.va.us/epidemiology/immunization/requirements.htm

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Pretty sure that nearly all school systems mandate vaccinations as well.

Its a new fad hitting the country. Vaccinations are now deemed bad, unneccesary chemicals by certain circles. The groups have been growing and of course with all knowing celebs supporting the movement it gets more publicity.

That being said there is some truth to this, some vaccinations are full of chemicals that your body doesn't need and many that shouldn't be in you at all. Also pharmaceutical companies are a bunch of money hungry assholes. But we also can't lose sight of all the good vaccinations have done for us.

Edited by 05GT Guru

Its a new fad hitting the country. Vaccinations are now deemed bad, unneccesary chemicals by certain circles. The groups have been growing and of course with all knowing celebs supporting the movement it gets more publicity.

That being said there is some truth to this, some vaccinations are full of chemicals that your body doesn't need. Also pharmaceutical companies are a bunch of money hungry assholes. But we also can't loose sight or all the good vaccinations have done for us.

Not new. One bad researcher faked results on vaccines a decade ago and people have been going crazy ever since crying that they cause autism, etc. BSC in my book.

Can't wait for all the great old diseases of my grandparent's era to come raging back becz of these people. Gosh, that will be fun.

Not new. One bad researcher faked results on vaccines a decade ago and people have been going crazy ever since crying that they cause autism, etc. BSC in my book.

Can't wait for all the great old diseases of my grandparent's era to come raging back becz of these people. Gosh, that will be fun.

Not a new idea but the people following this has been increasing greatly over the past couple of years. Like everything in life balance is key. Some vaccines are just money in a tube to companies, others like polio are world changing chemicals.