The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More and more A's coming from the campus. And the roomie announced she's dropping out after this semester. Shocker. Successful (thus far) kid makes for low stress, little sadness at home.

He's middle management. To be more succinct.

If you're referring to me, left that about 10 years ago. ;)

More and more A's coming from the campus. And the roomie announced she's dropping out after this semester. Shocker. Successful (thus far) kid makes for low stress, little sadness at home.

Good news on both sides of the equation.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

After trying naturally for spawnlings for the past 5 yrs with no luck, we opted for the fertility clinic. First kid on the way (we hope) $10k later.

Dug into the mod budget, but I'm sure it'll all be forgotten when that day comes.

• Moderators
After trying naturally for spawnlings for the past 5 yrs with no luck, we opted for the fertility clinic. First kid on the way (we hope) $10k later.

Dug into the mod budget, but I'm sure it'll all be forgotten when that day comes.

Congrats man, prayers for a healthy baby and Mom!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Nothing wrong with that! Congrats! Just one bun in the oven?! I know IVF is notorious for multiple buns. LOL

Congrats!!

Nothing wrong with that! Congrats! Just one bun in the oven?! I know IVF is notorious for multiple buns. LOL

^^this :lol:

Thanks - yeah, they put in two but it's too early to know.. her initial levels indicated a singleton but we don't know for sure until the first ultrasound later this month.

If it's two then we're done.. I'm getting old too.. at the rate I'm going I'll have retired and the kid's still living at home.

Congrats! Not everyone can naturally, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wow...5 years. I wish it took us that long.

Two months after we decided to let nature take it's course...it took it's course. I was 43 at the time.

It's very interesting at times that the folks who really want kids have a tough time, and the ones who neglect them end up having about a dozen.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Congrats to you both. And, on the latter, it doesn't matter anymore.

Agreed. Friends ended up with triplets... :eek: We would have been "stick a fork in us, we're done!"

Wow...5 years. I wish it took us that long.

Two months after we decided to let nature take it's course...it took it's course. I was 43 at the time.

It's very interesting at times that the folks who really want kids have a tough time, and the ones who neglect them end up having about a dozen.

People seem to forget that reproductive proclivity is a major factor in Darwin's theories... :lol:

Hang in there man. People been doing this for several thousand years now. It's a process and a ride combined. Just remember to go through the process and enjoy the ride. Good luck.

And your first parenthood lesson in "dealing with not being prepared" is almost complete. ;)

This isn't our first, so I've already had that lesson :)

My wife has learned to keep her phone charged--no interwebs for her :lol:

Last thing on my mind when my wife was delivering either of my kids was this forum. :lol:

Congrats regardless and prayers for healthy mom and baby.

Pretty sure we aren't going to have a baby tonight as whatever shot the gave her stopped the contractions...sitting in L&D for almost 3 hours on a non stress test is pretty boring.