LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• I Donated Too
College kids these days are slacking. Get a toilet paper tube and some dryer sheets and make yourself a filter. Stupid kids, but I guess that is what college is for. To learn things like that.

I approve this masking method. Used many times at home and abroad :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blowing the smoke out a window has always worked for me.

My window in college(college the first time around anyway) was on the first floor and opened into a court yard. The window method didn't work so well for the dude in the room next to me as his window also opened into the court yard.

Why do I sometimes feel like I'm one of the very few people who has never experimented with any substance other than coffee and alcohol, and has never gotten a tattoo?!?!?!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Why do I sometimes feel like I'm one of the very few people who has never experimented with any substance other than coffee and alcohol, and has never gotten a tattoo?!?!?!

Because you are a good little sheeple:confused: There are actually quite a few people who do not stray from what is considered legal or acceptable behavior.

:lol: seriously though I have no tattoos even though I have two friends who tattoo for a living. One of them is even good enough to be invited to shops as a premier artist.

Edited by 05GT Guru

+1 I feel the same way, yet as a teen father everone thinks I either smoke pot, drink and things like that yet I've never smoked nor drank. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There's a lot of us who haven't. To each their own, just don't judge me on mine.

Because with all that straight edged sobriety, you're more observant than most? :cool:

Haven't looked at it through that lens before. Excellent observation good sir. I need to remember this one. Thanks!

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Received a report on my 5th grader's reading skills from the school. Her reading comprehension level is off the Scholastic Reading Inventory program's Lexile chart, which maxes out at 1300 for college freshman level. My daughter's is 1351.

Proud daddy. :)

That's a great feeling. D1 and D2 both excelled, D1 more so, but I think we started earlier with her and reading, then the Navy deployments got in the way for D2. But she quickly rebounded.

I'm working on my Doctorate-level reading right now. The easiest way I know to stay abreast of what's going on in the marketplace and with changes in technology. I've encouraged both daughters to read at the next level above their education for the same reasons. Fortunately, they have taken that advice to heart.

I'm working on my Doctorate-level reading right now. The easiest way I know to stay abreast of what's going on in the marketplace and with changes in technology. I've encouraged both daughters to read at the next level above their education for the same reasons. Fortunately, they have taken that advice to heart.

Does that mean you're in a doctorate program right now or just going all scholarly in the business world? If you're in a program, where and for what?

I'm not in a doctorate program, I just choose my reading lists from those programs, ingest and digest the information and figure out how to apply it. Wish there was time (and funds) for a full doctoral program, but this works out well as-is.

:lol: Whatever that means.

Let me enlighten you then. :lol:

Program Managers are responsible for:

1. Governance: Defining roles and responsibilities, and providing oversight
  2. Management: Planning and administering both projects and the overall program
  3. Financial management: Implementation of specific fiscal practices and controls
  4. Infrastructure: The program office, technology, and other factors in the work environment supporting the program effort
  5. Planning: Activities that take place at multiple levels, with different goals. The program plan is not a traditional plan

Strategic Planners/Leaders and ODCM Practitioners

1. Research: Assess up-to-date research in external environmental trends, business trends, market analysis, Industry trend analysis, customer research, and competitor research
  2. Education: Educate leadership in strategic planning and strategic thinking via formal training courses, development of white papers, organizing monthly education sessions, coordinating training for key leadership and staff
  3. Strategic Tool Provider: Provide strategic business unit heads, divisions and regions with toolsets that are designed to make it easier to develop and implement strategic plans within their current and future teams
  4. Facilitator: Coordinate and strategic meetings, offsites and conferences, to review the organization's strategy development and then work with business units or divisions to help them develop strategies that are aligned to the overarching strategy. Strategic planners typically outsource the actual facilitation, but I'm a certified facilitator as well
  5. Systems Integrator and Coordinator: Alignment of organizational systems, structures, and culture are critical success factors to ensuring that every system and employee are pulling in the same direction and focused on the right things. The Lead Planner works with HR, Finance, and the Organizational Development team to ensure that all plans, measurement systems and metrics use the same language and terminology. Analyzes the system end-to-end to identify and rectify duplication or unintentional neglect between business units, divisions and/or regions and applies corrective action

6. Strategic Monitoring: Work with change management practitioners to implement both the spirit and the content of the strategic plan and to remove any barriers to full implementation.
  7. Coach and trusted-advisor to CEO or organizational head: Provides one-off studies and analysis, feasibility studies or areas that typically fall outside a current division of strategic business unit's product or service sector. Act as internal consultants to the CEO and the cross-organization senior leadership and manage team

It means getting crotchety old curmudgeons to get behind things you really need your company to do, by force if necessary. ;)

Succinctly put.