LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

As George Costanza would say, I have lost "hand." My 10 yr old daughter gave me a wedgie in response to my shower edict to her. A mighty wedgie, too. Not some half hearted affair. I am both proud and frightened in her fierce ability to fight back. I fear for our future.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kid had her audition Monday, to be placed in the appropriate orchestra and then placed in the appropriate chair in the orchestra. She was one of five incoming freshman cellists. Yesterday she found out that she was one of two in the top orchestra. Today she found out she is 2nd chair in the top orchestra with upperclassmen sitting below her. Holy shit! Proud momma!!!!!!! Yet again! Have to say though - where does she go from there? I'm sure it will be awesome though.

I don't have any kids of my own, but my nephew is pretty rockin'.

And of course I just needed to post these somewhere.. he's only been in my car twice but already seems to know how to drive it :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/VIVCxtU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZcHAXC0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hrD7Oqj.jpg

Always go for the big red buttons.

http://i.imgur.com/4bylu7R.jpg

Bitch slap of reality. Just had an old work friend over and her 22 yr old severly autistic daughter. Daughter won't speak and will never care for herself. Her mother (my old workmate) is in her late 50s. She came over to do bead work with my daughter.

This woman makes maybe $15/hr and has medical costs out the butt for her daughter with some of it covered by Medicaid, but she is basically living in poverty as a single mother taking care of her child for the rest of her life.

Whenever I whine like a girl about my life, I'll just bitch slap myself and tell myself what a great life I have compared to this lady. But how terrifying it must be to know your child can't take care of themselves after you die. I can't imagine the pain that thought would give at my death.

• I Donated Too

I had to take my son to the hospital for a routine procedure and saw some of the other kids there with severe problems.

Me and my wife concluded that we should never complain about our healthy kids.

• Moderators
Bitch slap of reality. Just had an old work friend over and her 22 yr old severly autistic daughter. Daughter won't speak and will never care for herself. Her mother (my old workmate) is in her late 50s. She came over to do bead work with my daughter.

This woman makes maybe $15/hr and has medical costs out the butt for her daughter with some of it covered by Medicaid, but she is basically living in poverty as a single mother taking care of her child for the rest of her life.

Whenever I whine like a girl about my life, I'll just bitch slap myself and tell myself what a great life I have compared to this lady. But how terrifying it must be to know your child can't take care of themselves after you die. I can't imagine the pain that thought would give at my death.

I had to take my son to the hospital for a routine procedure and saw some of the other kids there with severe problems.

Me and my wife concluded that we should never complain about our healthy kids.

Amen.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

My daughter was born at 4:18 this morning. She's beautiful. Mom and baby are doing awesome. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. :)

Congratulations!!! So that was why you didn't bug me about the parts I am supposed to be sending you. :lol: Yeah, I think a new baby is more important than the car. :redface:

I am a lucky husband and dad...

2 weekends ago, my Mrs entered a sprint triathlon and won her division. My two daughters (12 & 16 y.o.) instantly had a new hero when they heard she had won. The looks in their eyes of admiration and wow was inspiring to them.

My youngest daughter won their select soccer tournament this last weekend with my daughter scoring the first goal in the final match.

My oldest daughter now has a good paying job and is starting to pay for her own auto bills(gas & insurance). She also just had her first high school swim practice and came home beaming with pride over the fact that she is now faster then almost all on the swim team.

Both are honors students and love to play music as well. My oldest plays the flute while my youngest plays the trumpet and taught herself(big sis helped a lot) how to play the tenor sax over the summer...

Tomorrow is our 21st wedding anniversary...Cool, eh?

I am a lucky husband and dad...

Cheers,

Mike