LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

relative to pregnancies for women under 35, you dolt.

Just trying to walk you schoolboys through the logic so untwist your panties there, girl.

But is that risk "high" or just "higher"? The latter, of course, you dolt. That's an acceptable risk to many women.

We've become so risk adverse in society that if a doctor or media mention the word risk, folks flee in fear. Stupid IMO.

And btw, my little sister was born from her 42 yr old mom perfectly normal.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators
Just trying to walk you schoolboys through the logic so untwist your panties there, girl.

But is that risk "high" or just "higher"? The latter, of course, you dolt. That's an acceptable risk to many women.

We've become so risk adverse in society that if a doctor or media mention the word risk, folks flee in fear. Stupid IMO.

And btw, my little sister was born from her 42 yr old mom perfectly normal.

Nobody said you couldn't have a healthy baby when you are over 35, but like JJ said, the stats are there to support the fact that 35+ is a valid concern.

And yes, technically it should be called "higher" risk, but that's not the terminology that's used, so just stick with the terminology rather than trying to reinvent it just for the sake of argument.

IMO, all pregnancies are inherently risky. After having our first, I thought quite a few times over what it must have been like to have children even just 100 years ago--so many things to possibly go wrong that are just little hiccups now with an easy solution that were literally life-threatening then. Pretty amazing.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

BOT: Home run hitter :) Cute picture, but I'm pretty sure when we swung the bat at the incoming wiffle ball I basically ended up tossing him on the ground :lol:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/bighitter_zpsb48223fa.jpg

KRB doesn't like being wrong :lol:

Sure. Who does? But when does "higher risk" become prohibitive? It's a judgment call and I know plenty of professional women having kids in their late 30s/early 40s. The media talks about chemicals creating a 50% higher chance of cancer but fail to mention the base cancer rate is less than 0.5% to begin with. So the chance of cancer "jumps" from 0.5% to 0.75%.

Really? You're going to make a life decision based on that increase? How risk adverse would you have to be?

• Moderators
Don't respond then. Simple solution. Seems to me you like arguing to since you responded and felt the need to correct me. :p

Lawyer.

I'm pretty sure that with some of our post counts if we didn't like arguing we'd be crying in the corner, lol. I'll also admit I'm obnoxious at times :lol:

The meet and greet with the teachers was a waste. A few years ago I spent a lot of time volunteering at my daughter's elementary school. Not last year. My daughter's teachers spent lots of time gabbing with parents they knew, but you could tell the ones they didn't know. They would really spend much time with them.

One of my daughter's teachers tried to brush me off when I wanted to know more about the math curriculum and announcements of tests. I kind of pissed her off when I asked her to answer my question since there was only one parent/kid behind me. I bet we'll get along well.