LegacyGT.com

noise on cold start after going through some deep water

Last week there was some heavy rain and I had to drive through some pretty deep standing water, it came up to fast to avoid so I went through it. Made it through no problem, no warning lights, just wet brakes I thought. Every since then, when I start the car cold there is a weird sound like a bad bearing squeal or belt sliping that goes away when the clutch is depressed. After the car has been driven a bit the sound is not there anymore. Anyone have any ideas? The subaru dealer in the area wanted $125 just to take a look or listen. Could the water have damaged my clutch in some way?

How many miles on the clutch set up ?

These cars are known to have TOB issues, that's why there is a TSK3 TOB kit.

You should also grease the tranny snout where the TOB slides on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The clutch is the original stock with about 60K on it. What is the TSK3 TOB kit? Is that OEM or after market? Should I just replace the whole clutch assembly and flywheel? I heard the original cluthch is crap which I've experienced personaly as I am the original owner of the car from mile 1.

How good is the 2007+ OEM clutch kit w/single mass flywheel for the 2005 LGT that I saw on Fred Beans? My car is not modified and I really don't plan to mod it. Is there something better I should look at? I'm really hoping that I don't have to lay down 2K to repair the problem. It's just starting to squeek or squeal when the car is cold and I've only got 60K on the car.

You want that flywheel but a aftermarket clutch, Don't put a POS oem clutch in the car.

Also get the TSK3 kit for the TOB.

Contact Mike at AZPinstalls.com for a good clutch. I like my Spec 2 clutch I got from him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Any recommendation on what clutch to get? The car is stock and I don't plan to mod it. I probably will get the OEM single mass flywheel as most recommend to replace the dual mass flywheel. Just a good everyday clutch, no racing stuff. Can someone help?

I thought I did, contact Mike at AZPinstalls.com he'll recommend a clutch and can get you anything you want.

Archived