LegacyGT.com

Well I just wasted my time on this block!

98 25D is #3 & 99 25D is #5 in thrust bearing locations.

99 is actually a phase 2 block.

this is true.

but it does not matter to the heads, intake, sensors, ECU, emissions testing, trans or anything else. both blocks will bolt on and run just fine.

as far as i can tell, the only difference it could possibly make is if you already had a rod / crank bearing set and there was a difference in those between the #3 set and the #5 set.

no it's a 98, #3 thrust location i think.

i'll see if i can find the mileage info.

the rear seat bottom is held in by 2 bolts. on the floor in front of the seat, covered by carpet? and part of the hinge. the rear seat backs are held in by 3 bolts under the seat bottom (and maybe 3 bolts on the back side). the backs may separate during the removal, not a big deal.

the passenger door will make it more of a pain but should not prevent the removal.

I am taking a half day vacation tomorrow to come to Roanoke. I can try to take the other seats out before I come if you want.

i have a short block if you are interested, out of a 98 outback manual trans. the crank has ''end play''. but your crank and new bearings would correct that. i don't remember the miles off hand but they were low enough for me to save the block.

maybe swap seats at the same time.

How much for the short block? Need to weigh all my options.

canubaru at g mail dot com.

98 ej25 with 130k miles.

the heads are still on the block.

the original car had a 5 speed trans, leather seats couple of dents.

the engine was pulled due to an oil leak, rear main seal or oil separator plate on the rear of the block. then the end play in the crank was discovered.

I cleaned it and got it bored, putting the last piston in and I find a crack! I don't know if it was cracked before it was bored but it is definitely cracked now! Anybody ever sleeve a EJ25 block?

yes my buddy sleeved his sti motor.had a crack on it and had to get custom sized pistons in order to make it all work.i beleive he went with 103mm pistons..made 600awhp till his headstuds let loose and lifted..bent piston #4 but block was perfectly fine

Archived