LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT Wagon w/ 89k - What to do?

owner of a 05 gt wagon 5MT with 220k on it. no regrets.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I say just keep it, all cars, yes all cars are gonna need repairs

Keep it and no don't even get the AP, just go get a tune at a local tuning shop for e85 and it will last.

If you don't want to pay for a major repair bill, just lease

Me I would rather buy the car with 189k vs the one with only 89k

C-lo -- Thats impressive. You never got an AP? If so, why not?

What do you think you've spent approximately on repairs/replacements over the past 120k miles?

I never saw the need?? all i ever did was beef up the suspension with a new rear sway bar. has strut tower bars on it too front and back. I do non stop driving to work 30 miles each way. always been happy with the performance and never saw the need for an AP.

repairs past 120k? I keep all my invoices, but I don't know the cost.

I'd have to think about it. I don't keep a log of what I've done. I just do what's needed. new calipers up front. rebuilt turbo, new radiator hoses, new cam seal i think, i think my clutch was replaced again after 120k. (it's been done twice now). switched to an 08 single mass clutch. much better. I think that's it.

but I've replaced the turbo twice now, first one had 98k, second had about 120k on it. replaced it with a rebuilt at 209650. I've replaced a cracked radiator too. there's more...mostly all wear and tear items.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Our experience with 2005 Legacy GT 5mt wagon all stock with 150k all put on by us:

100k-150k:

Alternator, starter (each ~$350)

Throw out bearing in clutch chirping($350)-wife is gentle on clutches which was not worn much so skipped

We consider it pretty reliable thus far.

I have just under 115K on mine. I'm the second owner; I bought it with 5K on it in '06. The only big things I've had to fix are the clutch (around 105K) which is to be expected and I had to replace the sunroof mechanicals about 3 years ago. I really love the uniqueness of LGT 5MT wagons.

Archived