LegacyGT.com

Any double din navigation systems work for iphone 5?

Moddiction

I am looking for an in dash double din unit for my 2008 legacy gt. I see that pioneer has some new units coming out some time this spring that work with the iphone 5 if you get the adapter cable.

Are there any currently out there that will work with bluetooth and ipod connectivity with the iphone 5? Would love a rear usb port so i could connect a usb cable and run it into the center console compartment to charge and play from my iphone. It would also have to be able to connect with bluetooth for phone and pandora etc and app mode would be awesome too.

The new models do look nice but not sure exactly when they are coming out and also are much more expensive than some other pioneer nav units like the 940BT.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

probably all of them not much has changed, mostly likely the usb you charge with at home will work. I can see how some app control might be limited

pioneer appradio 2 will work and is a great lookin headunit. no cd slot tho (who cares right)

I think most don't actually. iPhone 5 has the lightning connector now as well as some other changes. Pioneer has listed a bunch of their double din units as not working with iPhone 5.

I might just wait for the new 7" pioneer to come out but that one will be $1200 so a bit more than I wanted to spend on one.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I can get the 940bt to work just not the appradio feature. From looking more into that I don't think if need that anyways. Bluetooth phone, ipod and pandora all should work perfectly as well as connected with a cord using the 30 pin to lightning adapter.

Compatability info can be seen here for others that may be interested.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/2013+Pioneer+and+Apple+Compatibility#30pin

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Aux cable doesn't charge the phone which I want.

That also doesn't connect the same way to head unit. I can Bluetooth stream with any of them but want the connectivity that you get with the correct USB setup with album info etc.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

I have an iPhone 5. I shouldn't have any issues charging it connected to the pioneer units with the ipod cable and 30 pin to lightning adapter.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Archived