LegacyGT.com

WRX seat swap trouble

Picked up some wrx front seats the other day, but having issues taking the old seats out. 4 out of the 5 bolts came out no problem, but the lower bolt holding the right rear of the driver seat rail refuses to come out. It spins but won't unscrew and the same bolt on the other seat does the same thing. I tried prying on the bracket but that didn't help. Anyone else have this issue?

I don't know if you know about this but i found out the hard way by not reading all the way through the post on this WRX seat swap,Don't forget before you throw away your old seats to save the seat belt buckle connectors because the ones on the WRX seats and my 1995 Legacy seat belt do not work together so i had to go and buy some at the salvage yard.......

That awkward moment when your thread turns into borderline racism, haha. The seats are a huge improvement over the old ones, which had just about lost all vital butt support. Now I just have to fill/cover the empty bolt holes lol

My bad about the bad humor and awkwardness..if I offended anybody, I'm sorry.

I haven't read the seat swap threads yet, are the rails longer or something, just wondering why you have extra holes.

I don't know if you know about this but i found out the hard way by not reading all the way through the post on this WRX seat swap,Don't forget before you throw away your old seats to save the seat belt buckle connectors because the ones on the WRX seats and my 1995 Legacy seat belt do not work together so i had to go and buy some at the salvage yard.......

Yeah, I meant to check about the buckles before I put them in, but of course I forgot. Fortunately the driver's seat was still in my dumpster and the passenger seat has found a permanent home in my living room lol so I still had em. Still it was annoying to have to take the new seats back out after all the trouble.

My bad about the bad humor and awkwardness..if I offended anybody, I'm sorry.

I haven't read the seat swap threads yet, are the rails longer or something, just wondering why you have extra holes.

No worries. The Legacy seats use 5 bolts and the WRX seats only use 4 bolts. The unused bolt is the one on the rear inner rail (going into the driveshaft tunnel). On the Legacy there's 2 bolts in that corner, the WRX uses only one. Other than that they line up fine. They sit a little higher, but I like it. And oh man those seats just hug your whole body haha

Archived