LegacyGT.com

Lets let them know what we want!!!!!

I sent an email to SOA last week and very pleased to receive a response as of last night. Not a auto response a personalized response. My request was for SOA to bring a Legacy STI to the US. I told them that there are a lot of us who went from the WRX to the Legacy's (which I'm sure they already know). I also let them know that they have to keep our attention some how. I let them know that we want the Legacy STI. Lets all let them know!!!!! Power in numbers yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if you dont want the STI can you do it for me?

http://www.subaru.com/tools/contactus/index.jsp

what legacy STi

there is no such thing

requesting a special edition with the 6 speed and brembos would be a much better tactic

Whats that Jaxx????

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0406scc_tengreat09/

Forbidden Fruit: Subaru Legacy STi

Few people remember that when Colin McRae first exploded to the attention of the rallying world, he was driving a Subaru Legacy. It wasn't until the end of 1993 that the Scot got his paws on an Impreza.

The sporting credentials of Subaru's mid-sized sedan are therefore well founded and it seems criminal that the company hasn't made more of its obvious potential. In the U.S., even the flagship 2.5 musters just 165 bhp and couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

In Japan, things are different. Subaru Technica International (STi), the tuning arm responsible for the hottest Imprezas, also worked their magic on the Legacy. Called the S401, the STi Legacy borrows from the Impreza to create an exceptionally capable sedan.

A 2.0-liter twin-turbo nestles under the STi's bonnet. It's borrowed from the Jap-only Legacy RSK but it's been retuned to deliver 290 bhp at 6400 rpm and 253 lb-ft of torque at 5600 rpm. Harnessed to the Impreza STi's six-speed gearbox , it propels the Legacy from 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds. To cope with this extra performance, STi have also pinched the Impreza's Brembo brakes.

The Legacy chassis has also been given a thorough overhaul. The ride height has been lowered by 10mm when compared with the standard car and it now wears some rather delicious cross-spoke alloys fitted with 215/40ZR18 Pirelli P-Zero Neros. Front and rear limited slip differentials and a new, quicker steering rack complete the dynamic makeover.

To complement the improved performance, the STi stylists went to work on the Legacy's mundane exterior. The most obvious addition is an Impreza-style air-intake in the bonnet, which is joined by deep side skirts and a new front bumper that incorporates spot lights. For the ostentatious, there's the option of a WRC blue mica paint job, complete with gold alloys.

Inside, the benefits of choosing a Legacy are self-evident. There's significantly more room than you'll find in an Impreza and the decor has been given the STi makeover. Handsome leather and alcantara seats feel as good as they look and there's the familiar oversized Momo steering wheel, which is shared with the Impreza. Some neat STi dials complete an effect that is purposeful but pleasingly understated.

The Legacy is a subtly different car to the Impreza. Its reactions are less manic and the longer wheelbase affords it a significantly better ride quality. As a high-speed tourer, with an extra twist of agility, it's hugely impressive. In Japan it costs 3.25M Yen ($35,700), which also makes it good value.

For an enthusiast wanting the pace of an Impreza with extra space and refinement, the hot Legacy would be an ideal choice. It's both quicker and more charismatic than the equivalent BMW 3-series. Sadly, STi will only be building 400 examples of the S401, of which precisely zero will be coming to the U.S.. It's an opportunity missed.

<--Back to Main Article

0404scc_sti02_s.jpg.43f028a53e7330122d3d7fcbfca8e762.jpg

0404scc_sti03_s.jpg.e632bff91691dcc28b3d13c1d9c47dbb.jpg

I just gave Subaru my 2 cents, I'm hoping more STI/SPT performance parts will be out on the market for us since dealers should have no issues installing these parts. It seems that there would be plenty of money to be made if Subaru would offer more parts at a reasonable price. Just look at all the members here that are modding, it may be a small percentage over all, but I'm sure that would grow after people found out. Just look at the aftermarket parts for Hondas, who would have ever thought it would blow up like that. As for the Legacy STI, I would think that sport luxury would appeal to a larger group of potential buyers than sport rally (WRX STI). Don't get me wrong, I wish I could have both, :) but since I can't I chose the GT. The GT is more of a sleek daily driver with great potential and the STI is more sliding sideways, gravel ripping rally style.

Archived