LegacyGT.com

For those interested in a GT-Spec B...

I'm not sure, but i know you have to modify the bumper beam, which im assuming is what absorbs the impact in a crash (i know nothing about this), to put on a jdm bumper. altering that may alter the cars performance in bumper crash tests. obviously it would be difficult to prove, but subaru would know this immediately i would think.

In another recent thread a member showed pictures of his new replacement bumper (it looked like a JDM spec). Perhaps he has considered it, perhaps not:p

See if you can find it and check with him. I will have a look for the thread and PM you if I find it.

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure, but i know you have to modify the bumper beam, which im assuming is what absorbs the impact in a crash (i know nothing about this), to put on a jdm bumper.

The bumper beam is larger on the USDM cars, in order to comply with mandated 5mph crash tests. The point of the test is that vehicles must show little-no damage to the bumper(s) in a 5mph collision. The car's crumple zones are what absorbs the energy in a high(er) speed collision, so I doubt the bumper beam will have a significant effect on this.

Just don't go crashing into things ~5mph with the smaller beam, as your bumper skin may not survive. ;)

-Mike-

S401 Looks so bad arse!!! I have the same body style Legacy but wagon... I'd give an arm to get parts that could make it look like that.. :(

Specially that hood... Wooof!

The S401 parts are available. k2Gear/Hiriyama automobile sells the bumper and the hood scoop attachment, and probably the grille, as well.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.k2k2.jp/main.htm

It will look like an S401, but without the twin turbos and other unique bits, it won't quite be one.

That is OK, though. Because after I win the lottery (and after I start playing it... :D ) I am going to build an 05 or 06 Legacy Sedan, with the K2 Reiz kit, fender flares, and a stage 3/4 powertrain upgrade, (like PDXTuning's car under development...) badged and done up like an S402, similar in effect to an S203, but as a Legacy, not an Impreza.

It won't "BE" an S402, but, as close as I can make it. [/pipe-dream]

Archived