LegacyGT.com

LGT vs 350Z Track Edition...

So I was coming home from work, and as I got off the Interstate, and merging onto a highway, I notice a 350z pulling up behind me. A light is up ahead, it turned red. I see the Z dart for the left lane! I smell a race coming!

He pulls up, and at first, the passenger is checking out my car, as I eye down their car. Kinda lip read eachother saying nice car. So at this point I'm not positive that we are going for it from the light, so I don't attempt to launch real hard, just semi-aggressively, in case the Z doesn't go for it.

Well he did go for it, but with a slight bit of hesitation. Anyways, he gets about 1/2 car on me, and we stay that way exactly, 'til about 115mph before we needed to let off, because of upcoming traffic.

We had a quick chance to chat, and I only said that he had a nice car and confirmed that it was a track edition, being that I saw the gold brembo's. He confirmed, and mentioned that he liked the legacy, and that mine was particularly quick! He was surprised to see that he couldn't put any space between us. I then mentioned that I was putting out about 280hp or so. And he looked to be relieved, as I think his own passenger was giving him flak about me sticking with him.

Just a note, the 2 guys in the Z, were like young teenage boys, small and skinny(But he could drive!), if they weighed 150 ea I'd be surprised! So being that my a@# is about 245, gas tank was fully fueled, plus I've got 2 car seats, I figured we were pretty well matched for weight.

So I didn't win, but I put up a good fight, and I was happy!

It must be our area Mblock66 because I have yet to have someone challenge me yet and I've had my car since November.

The closest I had was a Type R coming out of Auto Creations on 206 in raritan as I passed by I guess he noticed what I was and punched it. Not much I could do though because the circle is right there and he bear'd left and I went right towards work.

280hp??? whp

Aren't you just cobb stage 2 and tmic?? Did you put the 18g in yet?

i think he's mentioned before that he has all the stage-2 hardware, but doesnt have an ECU tune yet -- so the computer really isnte able to take full advantage of the upgrades.

i think he's mentioned before that he has all the stage-2 hardware, but doesnt have an ECU tune yet -- so the computer really isnte able to take full advantage of the upgrades.

Yeah, that's exactly just it! I am waiting for the new EZecu from Ecutek to be released. It might be a little while longer, but I think it's worth the wait, plus if I send out my ecu to be flashed by PDXTuning, I'll be down for a few days, and well then the Mrs. will know for sure what I'm up to!

Besides, it's really not that bad, sure I could stand to gain alot more mid-range, and about 20hp on the topend, but this gives me something to look forward to! Anyhow, right now I'm deeply sidetracked in my rear Brembo conversion.

And no I definitely do not have 280 whp, more like crank hp. I might just have a little more, but since I don't know exactly, I rather err on the low side.

It must be our area Mblock66 because I have yet to have someone challenge me yet and I've had my car since November.

The closest I had was a Type R coming out of Auto Creations on 206 in raritan as I passed by I guess he noticed what I was and punched it. Not much I could do though because the circle is right there and he bear'd left and I went right towards work.

I drive right through your area daily. I'm on Rt287 South from Wayne down 'til Somerville, and back in the pm.

As a matter of fact I generally get into these "challenges" either in Montville area, or Basking Ridge area, because they are the areas with less traffic on my commute.

If I had only to commute around town, I don't think I would have had any of my runs, come to think of it. I also should note that a couple of times I was the instigator!

no doubt it's a fast car --- doesnt feel as fast when you're in it becuase the power comes on so smooth... but stock vs stock, i think the Z should have the easy win without F'ing up the launch.

However, a stage1 reflash should be all it takes to keep up and/or pass the Z.

i bet if Edmundo had launched hard off the line, he could have held a lead over the Z.

Nice run man!! I was thinking last night playing some GT4 how a 350Z would do against us. I think the Z is a lot faster than some here think.

Yeah especially the track pack, its the fastest Z that the rags have tested. 5.3 60, 1/4 in 13.9ish (?). Nice run tho.

Archived